Combining VisualTW and mGSD

aaronsama

May 20, 2011, 9:32:45 AM5/20/11
to TiddlyWiki
I use mGSD at my job all day long and LOVE it. However, I'd like to
start collaborating more with peers and am afraid that the less
technical would be intimidated by the wiki syntax. I recently
discovered VisualTW and the amazing "wysiwyg" editing feature, and
managed to get it up and running on my hard drive. However, when I try
to import those plugins to mGSD, I can't get the "wysiwyg" or "write"
menu options to appear.

Has anyone been able to successfully combine these two amazing
TiddlyWiki adaptations? If not, would anyone like to try and then tell
about how you did it?

Måns

May 20, 2011, 1:39:55 PM5/20/11
to TiddlyWiki
Hi aaronsama

> ... I'd like to start collaborating more with peers and am afraid that the less
> technical would be intimidated by the wiki syntax.

Eric has made the QuickEditPackage. I use it a lot - and it does not
rely on any external program.

> Has anyone been able to successfully combine these two amazing
> TiddlyWiki adaptations? If not, would anyone like to try and then tell
> about how you did it?

Checkout: http://tiddly.bplaced.net/wysiwyg/

Cheers Måns Mårtensson

Bauwe Bijl

May 20, 2011, 2:50:53 PM5/20/11
to TiddlyWiki
Hi...
Somewhat older perhaps(not checked in 2.6.2)...with less features:

http://tiddlywiki.ouvaton.org/Demo.html
>click edit> switch between richtext and wiki syntax

Bauwe

aaronsama

May 20, 2011, 6:12:09 PM5/20/11
to TiddlyWiki
Måns and Bauwe, thanks for your responses. I had actually tried the
RichTextPlugin before without success. I also just tried the
QuickEditPackage and couldn't get it to work either. I think mGSD must
do something that suppresses the toolbars from showing up when you
edit a Tiddler. I wonder if you can try downloading mGSD and adding in
those plugins yourself to see if you can get them to work, and let me
know if I am doing something wrong...

-Aaron

Måns

May 20, 2011, 7:15:41 PM5/20/11
to TiddlyWiki
Hi aaronsama

> I wonder if you can try downloading mGSD and adding in
> those plugins yourself to see if you can get them to work, and let me
> know if I am doing something wrong...

Checkout http://tiddly.bplaced.net/wysiwyg_mGSD/index.html

mGSD uses (at least) two systemThemes which provide custom Edit- and
ViewTemplates..

To make the QuickEdit toolbar show itself you'll have to edit the
MptwTheme tiddler and add the quickedit toolbar there. Checkout the
MptwTheme##EditTemplate section.

To make the FCKEditor tool show in the ViewTemplate you'll have to
edit the MonkeyGTDTheme tiddler and add the edithtml tool in the
toolbar there. Checkout the MonkeyGTDTheme##ViewTemplate section

Cheers Måns Mårtensson

aaronsama

May 29, 2011, 1:04:58 AM5/29/11
to TiddlyWiki
Wow, this is great, this is exactly what I was looking for. Took a
test drive on my hard drive and love it. This will be my new mGSD.

Thanks for your help!

-Aaron

On May 20, 6:15 pm, Måns <humam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi aaronsama
>
> > I wonder if you can try downloadingmGSDand adding in
> > those plugins yourself to see if you can get them to work, and let me
> > know if I am doing something wrong...
>
> Checkouthttp://tiddly.bplaced.net/wysiwyg_mGSD/index.html
>
> mGSDuses (at least) two systemThemes which provide custom Edit- and

Stratos Laspas

Jun 2, 2011, 6:49:03 AM6/2/11
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

Since I am completely new to tweaking tw and php, I don't even know what it means, when the "How to install FCKeditorPlugin" note says "open the MonkeyGTDTheme tiddler and add the edithtml tool in the toolbar there. Checkout the MonkeyGTDTheme##ViewTemplate section". Ok, I checkout that section. All Greek to me (though I'm Greek). What do I do?

I have downloaded both ckeditor and fckeditor on the same folder where I downloaded the "index.html" file from tiddly.bplaced.net and extracted them into their respective folders... any hints?

Stratos Laspas

Jun 2, 2011, 8:01:00 AM6/2/11
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
OK, got fckeditor working, it had to be unzipped one folder level up! Does the newer ckeditor work?

Stratos Laspas

Jun 3, 2011, 4:00:20 AM6/3/11
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
BTW, thanks for the amazing additions!

Stratos Laspas

Jun 3, 2011, 9:21:42 AM6/3/11
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
On May 20, 6:15 pm, Måns <huma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi aaronsama
>
> > I wonder if you can try downloadingmGSDand adding in
> > those plugins yourself to see if you can get them to work, and let me
> > know if I am doing something wrong...
>
> Checkout http://tiddly.bplaced.net/wysiwyg_mGSD/index.html

Dear Mans, I have downloaded this file and I use it instead of mGSD. Will install upload plugin etc at some point. Would you be so kind as to tell me what is the best way to keep up with any updates you make to Autofocus Dashboard?

Måns

Jun 3, 2011, 10:39:09 AM6/3/11
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Stratos

> Dear Mans, I have downloaded this file and I use it instead of mGSD. Will
> install upload plugin etc at some point. Would you be so kind as to tell me
> what is the best way to keep up with any updates you make to Autofocus Dashboard?

Sorry, I haven't answered your questions, earlier - >

Questions regarding the Autofocus Dashboard should be posted to the
mGSD usergroup.
http://groups.google.com/group/gtd-tiddlywiki

I'm not using mGSD myself, I just assembled it to demonstrate how to
do it - I added the Autofocus Dashboard following this guide:
http://oldwiki.tiddlywiki.org/wiki/MonkeyGTD/Customization_Guide/AutoFocus

I don't use fckeditor - or similar htmleditors myself, because I like
to have a TW as a single file with no external dependencies.
QuickEditPlugin (from tiddlytools.com) is a great tool- and has made
me abandon any thought of using a "normal" wysiwyg editor...

Sorry if my answers aren't very helpfull, - however I wish you luck
with your wysiwyg-project!
Have fun.

Cheers Måns Mårtensson

Stratos Laspas

Jun 3, 2011, 12:20:11 PM6/3/11
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply!!

I will follow your instructions. BTW, I also like QuickEditPlugin better, now that I've tried both...