open multiple tiddlers macro

Josef

Apr 21, 2011, 1:05:22 AM4/21/11
to TiddlyWiki
I wanted to add to the original thread on this topic
http://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki/browse_frm/thread/7875fdd460884a67?tvc=1
but could not figure out how to do so.

I am going to create tiddlers with a tag name of 'status'. These will
contain work status entries. Now I want to give easier access to
these tiddlers by other users:
A. Provide a date ordered descending list that a user can click on to
open a particular status entry.
B. A link to open all tiddlers with this tag. Limited by number and/
or dates.

This is how I did B.

I used Eric Shulman's example js to open tiddlers based on a field.
Works. But, the js is inside a tiddler and I didn't want to do the
class all tiddlers (it actually caused problems). And, I didn't want
to have to open the tiddler with the js in it. So I used JsDoit
macro to just put a link in the MainMenu. JsDoit invokes Eric's js.
It works! Small gotcha is that you have to take out the script tags
from the target tiddler containing the js.

Questions:
1. How do I do A. I'm thinking ForEachTiddlerPlugin to create a pop
up list?
2. In B, how to do order by date descending and how to limit to
number of tiddlers or date criterion.
3. Is there a better way to do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Josef