RMNP Tenkara Question

Kevin Chaney

Aug 18, 2014, 7:38:28 AM8/18/14
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
TPFRs,

I'm heading to Colorado to do some backpacking in RMNP next week with my brother (Wild Basin / Pear Lake / Hutcheson Lakes and the Fern Lake area) . I checked the forum and found some details about others who have done the trip. One of the posts mentioned bringing but not using a tenkara rod...

I have a 12 ft tenkara rod I was going to bring in case my brother struggles with the fly rod, but also because it's fun!

I was curious if anyone had a good experience using a tenkara rod in the park? I'm thinking the 12ft could be too big for the smaller streams in the park we'd be fishing.

-KC