Finally Getting Some Free Time

184 visningar

Ryan D

oläst,
2 juli 2014 08:31:032014-07-02
till tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
This weekend I (finally) don't have to work, go out of town, or have prior obligations so I'm going to go fish the Tidal Basin. It's my fist time fishing the TB soooooo any advice? Flies, spots, whats biting now, etc?

Greg Feder

oläst,
2 juli 2014 08:42:212014-07-02
till tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Don't go Friday.  Big crowds.

--
http://www.tpfr.org/
---

Ryan DiAndrea

oläst,
2 juli 2014 08:46:502014-07-02
till tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Ahh really? That's when I wanted to go.  Even in the morning? I was afraid someone was going to say don't do Friday.

---

D. Walker

oläst,
2 juli 2014 14:07:292014-07-02
till tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I went on memorial day and got there at daybreak... didn't really get crowded with tourists till about 930.

Rob Snowhite

oläst,
3 juli 2014 18:43:292014-07-03
till tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Heads up about road closures. Watch out for gapers on your back cast.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/3-Street-Closures-You-Should-Know-about-for-July-4-265559301.html

On Wednesday, July 2, 2014 8:31:03 AM UTC-4, Ryan D wrote:

tatu...@gmail.com

oläst,
4 juli 2014 07:17:392014-07-04
till tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, July 2, 2014 8:31:03 AM UTC-4, Ryan D wrote:
This weekend I (finally) don't have to work, go out of town, or have prior obligations so I'm going to go fish the Tidal Basin. It's my fist time fishing the TB soooooo any advice? Flies, spots, whats biting now, etc?

I'm in the same boat.  Was thinking about Gravelly Point Park or 4 mile run...staying away from the crowds.  Never fished either before (not new to fly-fishing...just new to it in this area).

No luck fishing the South Fork/Lurray last weekend camping on hellgrammite patterns or surface poppers, but did pull some decent plate size Bluegill and a few bass from Lake Arrowhead with surface poppers (wading from shore).

Cheers
Collin on Cap Hill.

Rob Snowhite

oläst,
5 juli 2014 20:50:332014-07-05
till tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Saw a beautiful juvenile snakehead in the pickerel weed at four mile today and a monster at the rte 1 bridge. Now that the other bridge is gone there is a clean bank to cast from.

We fished 4 Mile with out much luck today.

Here is the outflow x river water

 image.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone
--