{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Day One of the Jim Range National Casting Call

Daniel Davala

Apr 22, 2010, 10:23:20 PM4/22/10
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
A big thank you to everyone from TPFR who helped out with the Casting Call today.  Trent Jones, Steve Brehm, John Bilotta, and Rob Snowhite all made it out early and stayed late, doing anything and everything that was asked of them.  Melody (and Virginia) came later in the day to brighten everyone's spirits.  Richie Farino, Griz, and John F. from Urban Angler were there to help out, and Griz even helped a member of Project Healing Waters catch his first Striper on the Fly!  Great job Griz!

Of course, when the work was done, we all made plenty of time to fish too, and all of us got into Shad pretty thick including some big Americans!  It was also great to see so many of you from the club out on the water as well - Miles T., Rob K., John N., Christin A., Melissa R., just to name a few.  The reception was very nice, and the food was outstanding!  What a beautiful day to be out on the water together, and it was only day one.

I'm looking forward to seeing my volunteers tomorrow while we take about 20 kids from the "Family Tyes" organization http://family-tyes.org/?page_id=4  out to fly fish for Shad.  If the fish are in any kind of mood like they were in today, then we should be in for a real treat.  If you wanted to help out with this but did not get "officially" signed up, no problem.  Be at Fletcher's at 6:00AM tomorrow morning and we will put you to work.  Thanks again to all who are helping to build the reputation of our club as a group of ambassadors of the sport and resources we love.  It means a lot to a lot of people to be able to call on us for help and know we will come running, and enjoy ourselves in the process.

Also, I plan to stick around at Fletcher's tomorrow for the second half of the day to offer informal lessons/pointers on Shad fishing and Spey Casting.  If you get there and don't find me right away, hang around a bit as I may just be upstream helping someone out or catching a few myself.  I will make regular trips back to the tent/circle area to round up any members looking for help.

See you on the River tomorrow!

Dan

IMG_0659.jpg
IMG_0663.jpg