Morning People

Daniel Davala

Oct 15, 2010, 8:32:46 AM10/15/10
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Melody, Va, and I met up with Trent Jones at Gravelly this morning to catch the outgoing tide.  We got there at 4:30AM and found the water moving pretty good, but quite a bit lower than usual.  I landed one, Melody hooked, played, and lost a very nice one, and Trent also hooked up with a few that just wouldn't come to hand.  Overall, we didn't see, hear, or smell a large number of fish, but the ones that were there were in the 18"-24" class.  I agree with Jack Holt's post a few days ago.  It's going to be a very good fall.

We ran into Mike from "Mikes Catch Report" who was out early as well to exercise his two-hander.  Mike did a great write-up on our Snakehead Cookout/Speyday on his blog here:

When you all get a chance, spend some time looking through Mike's Blog.  It is one of the nicer ones I have seen with some excellent writing and great pictures.
IMG_2264.jpg
IMG_2267.jpg
IMG_2277.jpg

Rob Pallace

Oct 15, 2010, 2:16:29 PM10/15/10
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Dan, I think at 4:30 am I would like to be asleep in a baby carrier with a nice warm hat on….

Bryan B

Oct 15, 2010, 2:42:02 PM10/15/10
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
So what time did child services show up? :-P kidding of course. I love taking my kids out for adventures.