FIRST EVER (and first annual) D.C. SPEY CLAVE IS SET! Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dan Davala - Founder/President

Aug 4, 2010, 12:52:38 AM8/4/10
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
A long term goal I have had from the beginning is for TPFR to create
and host a large scale SPEY CLAVE here on our Nation's River. A Spey
Clave goes beyond any local clinic, and provides a resource for an
entire region, in our case, the Mid-Atlantic. It transcends any
specific manufacturer or shop, and creates an opportunity for all
companies to make their products available for hands-on evaluation at
one central venue. It can attract and draw some of the better known
and most respected Spey Casting instructors, many of whom will travel
thousands of miles to bring their expertise to a new and eager crowd.
And most importantly, a Spey Clave brings all who are passionate about
our sport together in an environment of teaching, learning, sharing,
and camaraderie.

To this end, Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders will host the FIRST EVER D.C.
SPEY CLAVE on Saturday, April 23, 2011. This will put our event smack
in the middle of next year's Shad run. There is a lot of planning,
permitting, and promoting to do between then and now, but the date is
set so mark it in your calendars. I will post details as they
develop, as well as all of the volunteer needs we will certainly have
in order to pull this off. Even at this hour, I can hardly contain my
excitement! I hope you all will share in it too.

Dan

The Shad Hammer

Aug 4, 2010, 1:41:08 AM8/4/10
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders

Congratulations and good luck with the Clave.

I'd come but I sent Bert all my money in London...

Your old pal, Stevie

PS. take your mouse patterms to Montana

flyfishgrl

Aug 4, 2010, 10:20:18 AM8/4/10
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Sounds great. I hope the date does not conflict with the kids fishing
event at fletchers.

Suzanne

On Aug 4, 12:52 am, "Dan Davala - Founder/President"

Brad Gentner

Aug 4, 2010, 10:27:41 AM8/4/10
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
It does not. JRNCC and FYCC will be held the weekend before this event.
Thanks for putting this together Dan.

Brad (your FYCC and JRNCC volunteer coordinator)