{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Pictures From Today's TPFR Special Kids Fishing Day

Daniel Davala

Apr 23, 2010, 11:56:42 PM4/23/10
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I don't have time for a long post tonight, but I wish to thank again all of you that came out early today to help a great group of kids catch their first Shad on a fly, and for some their first fish EVER!  Many of them will never forget this day on the River with us, and I don't think any of us will either.

I know most of you guys got pictures today, so lets see them.  Todd was out with his camera too, so I have some high expectations!  Here are a few of the pictures I got of my new friend Russ.  Not only did I get to guide him and watch him catch his first Shad on the Fly, but I then got to see him catch his next TWENTY+.  We didn't count, and we didn't have to.  He really got the hang of it, and by the end of our time I was no longer guiding him, we were just fishing together as equals.  I cannot express what a great experience this was for both of us, and I am so thankful that so many of you made it out to experience it as well.

I also enjoyed fishing with Todd, Brian, Rob, and Eric after the work was done, and I loved watching your Spey/Skagit casts develop.  Keep at it!

See you all tomorrow at the Family Youth Casting Call!

Dan

IMG_0667.jpg
IMG_0668.jpg
IMG_0669.jpg