{Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders} Family Youth Casting Call

Daniel Davala

Apr 25, 2010, 9:24:50 AM4/25/10
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
In spite of the rainy/overcast conditions, there was still a great turnout to the Family Youth Casting Call on Saturday.  TPFR stepped up in a big way, and many of you came out to volunteer again.  Rob, Dalton, Trent, Melody, Myself, and FFF President Phil Greenlee held down the fort at our table for most of the day.  The kids from the Family Tyes organization that we took fishing on Friday paid it forward as they helped hundreds of area kids catch their first fish ever on worms and bobbers in the C&O Canal.  A few others from the Family Tyes group taught area kids how to tie flies throughout the day.  Spring Creek Legend Joe Humphreys was on hand along with two members from the Youth Fly Fishing Team USA that he coaches, and they taught just about every kid there how to cast a fly rod.  I was a bit busy to take a lot of pictures, but here are a few.  I know Rob S. and some others got more pictures of the event, and they will share them here shortly.

Thanks again to everyone in TPFR who took of work and/or sacrificed in other ways to make this event such a HUGE success.  TPFR is now not only well known, but highly respected in the area fishing community, as well as the National Fly Fishing world!

Dan

IMG_0706.jpg
IMG_0707.jpg
IMG_0708.jpg
IMG_0710.jpg
IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0713.jpg

Dan Davala - Founder

Apr 25, 2010, 12:00:30 PM4/25/10
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
TPFR member Ernie Rojas helped out in a big way. He not only brought
another volunteer (Bob Forbes), but he brought his own center console
boat! Thanks again Ernie for your dedication to this club and more
importantly to these kids. Read Ernie's report from his website here:

http://www.pacemakerfishing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=13007#p13007
>  IMG_0706.jpg
> 284KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0707.jpg
> 229KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0708.jpg
> 244KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0710.jpg
> 237KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0712.jpg
> 240KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0713.jpg
> 240KViewDownload

Ernie

Apr 25, 2010, 12:38:57 PM4/25/10
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Dan,

Thanks to you and Brad for providing the opportunity. Passing on our
love for angling is a privilege. As I said in my report, we are the
winners when we see the kids enjoy themselves.

Ernie

On Apr 25, 12:00 pm, Dan Davala - Founder <daniel.dav...@gmail.com>