More hidden than the pace of an ant

Hasan Bin Abul Mubashir

Dec 9, 2010, 2:46:14 AM12/9/10
Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique has narrated that Rasulullah (SAW) said : “Shirk in my Ummah is much more hidden than the pace of an ant crawling upon a black stone.”  Shirk is very hidden. It enters the heart very silently and very few are saved from it.
Upon hearing this, Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique asked : “How can one be protected from Shirk?”
Rasulullah said : “ Should I not show you such a supplication (dua) that if you recite it, you will be free from minor and major Shirk.”
Hazrat Abu Bakr requested him to do so. Rasulullah (SAW) instructed him to say :

“Allahumma innee a’oozu bika min an ushrika bika shay-a`w wa-ana a’alam wa-astaghfiruka limaa laa a’alam.”
“O Allah, I seek protection in You from that I ascribe partners to You knowingly and I seek forgiveness from You for those things which I do not know.”
268.jpg