Black Henna ?

Abu Hind

Mar 13, 2011, 7:23:19 AM3/13/11

 We have seen some friends using BLACK HENNA, it is nothing but Henna with black color. You can read the Fatwa from Darul Ifta Deoband.
 If you need to darken Henna color, KATAM is recommended by Tibb-e-Nabawi to mix with Henna.
 Combination of Henna + Katam will impart a very dark brownish color. I have used it & it is perfect.
 Ratanjot is another herb which can darken Henna's color, Ratanjot is also a healing for Dandruff & falling hairs, it is valid to use it because we just
 need to avoid the black dye color.

Social Matters

Clothing & Lifestyle

Bookmark and Share
   Question: 10964
   Saudi Arabia
Is it true that Putting Khizab with Henna(Mehdi)is a sunnah and with colour not allowed. Now adays a type of henna called "Black Henna" (Kali Mehdi), containing black dye is widely awailable and people used it to colour their white hairs and say it is sunnah. Is it allowed or not?
   Answer: 10964

(Fatwa: 255/231=D/1430)

Henna is the same as menhdi. Dyeing with henna is proved from hadith. By applying henna the hair gets reddish colour, it is allowed to apply it. If black henna blackens the hair it will be unlawful as it is prohibited in hadith.

Allah (Subhana Wa Ta'ala) Knows Best

Darul Ifta, Darul Uloom Deoband
Use of this website signifies your agreement to the Terms of Use
He.JPG
logo-en.gif
l-arrow.gif
lg-share-en.gif