Shada Mountain

Bani Bayaadah

Mar 16, 2011, 6:51:46 AM3/16/11
Mountains are a miracle of my Allah's creations, He Has Asked His slaves to see how those pegs are inserted in the earth, piercing it till the depth which Allah Knows by Himself.

Shada Al A'ala is a 2.2 km high mountain in the South of Saudi Arabia, I never expected that such a beauty exists in this country.

A strange fact for Shada is that its view from the bottom is like it is covered with a sand-storm, or a foggy cloud, the same mist is not found over the surrounding mountains, I asked the Bedouins & they said that the view remains the same throughout the year, & neither it is the sand-storm nor the foggy mist, it is something else, it seems like the shadow of Allah's mercy, what could be the reason ?

I felt that in the past, people living on Shada were pious & righteous, seeking Allah's Forgiveness, fulfilling His Orders & were helpful to each other. Their present generations were asked by the Saudi Government to come down & live in nearby cities, as the wild animals like tigers are abundantly found up there, the track is so dangerous & difficult, etc. but those Bedouins refused & still they live around their farms where they have planted vegetables, dates, etc. As a courtesy, Electricity has been supplied till the last village at the top & it is free.

I tried to go till the top, but my vehicle started giving the smell of a burnt clutch plate & I returned back from half the day, fearful turns with very sharp angles broke all of my hopes. You need a 4 x 4 vehicle with a manual gear.

Some pictures are attached, & you may check more at http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=839366
Gharabeeb.PNG
DSC08153.JPG
DSC08156.JPG