How to soften the taste of vinegar ?

Habeeb Bin Maslamah Fahri

Jun 5, 2011, 5:10:40 AM6/5/11

For some new comers to vinegar world, the sharp acidic taste might be a problem, but it is easy to soften the sourness of vinegar.

Onions have many health benefits, but when they are over-cooked, all the nutrition is burnt & the remains are nothing but ONION ASH which is difficult to digest & it also generates acidity in stomach, that is why we are against the Indo-Pak style of curries which are primarily based upon over-roasting the onions in vegetable oils.

But raw onions should not be eaten as well, as they create bad smell for the breath.

When you will dip raw onions in vinegar for 10 days, there will be 2 reactions :
  1. Bad odor of raw onions will disappear
  2. Onions will soften the sharp acidic taste of vinegar
One of my favorite foods is to combine olive oil, vinegar (with raw onions) & barley bread.
Put olive oil & onions (pickled in vinegar) in a bowl & add barley bread, mix well & wait for 5 minutes till the bread has absorbed all of the oil & vinegar. The recipe is perfect for lowering blood pressure.

I can bet that the taste of this combination will be beyond your expectations & the healing beyond your imagination.

I use my pure home-made Pomegranate Vinegar & it is the best vinegar of this world.
H09.PNG
DSC06295.JPG
DSC06301.JPG

Salamah Bin Akwa'

Jun 6, 2011, 2:04:51 AM6/6/11
to Asan Deen

As I said earlier, quality of vinegars from the market is doubtful, so you should start your own brew. It is a fun, when you will come across the Greatness of Allah and how our LORD Directs the wild yeasts to break down the sugars & then He Gives the task to Acetic Acid forming Bacteria, the ACETOBACTER, who eat the fermented sugar and convert it to Vinegar.

For the olive leaf extract, you may find it at GNC stores (Fitness Time centers), but dried olive leaf is available at Attarah shops, bring them, sieve & clean for removing dust / soil & grind them. We are against making extracts, as many nutrients are lost during the processing and the healing power of the herb is reduced.

I was in Taif last weekend & I found a garden of olive trees, believe me, bitterness of RAW olive is beyond your imagination, what you get in the market are olives pickled with Caustic Soda in a heavy Brine solution, you should not consume them as they are very high in salt, olive oil is the only option left for you.