Watermelon's Rind Curry

Abu Taybah

Apr 13, 2011, 2:37:34 AM4/13/11
Watermelon is a miracle of my Allah's creations & even its rind has a lot of minerals & nutrients.

ORP (Oxygen reduction Potential) is a measure of the molecular charge which gives the level of the ability of a substance to oxidize or reduce oxidation. A positive ORP charge indicates that the substance is an oxidizer. The higher the positive charge, the stronger the oxidizing power. A negative ORP indicates the ability to donate electrons, the higher the negative charge, the greater the ability to provide electrons. This is the level of the ability to be an antioxidant. Free radicals are oxidizers and their ability to oxidize is eliminated or reduced by the addition of electrons from atoms with a negative ORP. Substances with a high negative ORP are called anti-oxidants.

Once I checked ORP (Oxygen Reduction Potential) of various fruits & I found it the highest (in negative) for WM's rind, which means that it is a powerful Anti-Oxidant, if consumed fresh & raw, it will reduce the oxidative stress in your body.

At some occasions, I juice the rind & it can also be cooked as a curry.

Remove the rind's skin with a peeler, you can either shred it with a grater or make small pieces, cook all ingredients of curry all together in the blessed olive oil, cooking at low heat brings the best taste.

You will be surprised that the taste of WM's rind is so similar to gourd, your guests will never recognize it.
DSC08564.JPG
DSC08571.JPG
DSC08575.JPG
DSC08577.JPG