Brewing Halal Pomegranate vinegar

Salamah Bin Akwa'

Jun 6, 2011, 3:45:53 AM6/6/11
to Kevin John
Mr. Kevin John,

Thanks for your interest in Halal Vinegar technology, when we ferment the fruit juice with Wild yeasts (available in the air) & we brew aerobically from the first day of fermentation. All over the world, vinegar is produced by furnishing Brewer's yeast (which is a by-product of wine-making), & then with fermentation locks, they ferment the fruit in the absence of air (anaerobically) for obtaining WINE, which is oxidized further by aerobic fermentation for making vinegar.

Along with your keen desire, many of my friends are interested to brew pomegranate vinegar, but they should try dates vinegar first, so that they may come across some errors & get the training before spending money & efforts for POM vinegar.

But I am giving you the recipe for the ruby red vinegar today.

Brewing of pomegranate vinegar is the most difficult, as it is so sensitive & spoils suddenly even with all precautionary measures. That is why I say that "it is born after thousands of years". When pomegranates are juiced, some part of crushed seeds also enter the juice, these seeds interfere with fermentation & spoil the brew.

Peel the Poms, juice them, put the juice jars in refrigerator for 2 days so that all the crushed seeds settle at the bottom, filtrate the pure juice carefully without any movement to the jar. Those seeds can be eaten & they will prove to be a plumber for your digestive tract.

For other vinegars like apple, pineapple, pears, sugarcane, coconut, etc. you will skip the seed separation process & start the fermentation immediately after juicing. For some fruits, their sugar contents are low & we need at least 15 % sugar to have a good vinegar, so you may add 250 grams of white sugar to 4 liters of fruit juice.

Now cover the jar with a cloth, as vinegar loves darkness, and the next step is the most important when we distinguish Halal Vinegar technology, put a thin cloth over the mouth of jar & tie with a rubber band, so that the air goes inside from the first day & any alcohol available is immediately oxidized. We never use the fermentation locks.

Put the jars in a dark place, away from sunlight & you should have enough air in that room. Keep the windows open.

Pure juice is allowed to ferment aerobically (by wild yeasts) for 30 days, after which it is filtered & allowed to ferment again (aerobically) for 60 days. When 90 days have completed, filtrate the vinegar finally & you will observe some mushrooms, they are called the mother of vinegar, the cellulose made by Acetobacter. Those mushrooms are the residence colonies of bacteria. After filtration, keep the vinegar bottled & always put them in refrigerator, the raw vinegar will have the bacteria & inside the refrigerator, the vinegar will become more sharper & crispier during the next days.

Peeling & taking out the seeds is tiresome when you need POM vinegar for the entire family (during the whole year), i.e. around 30 liters, for which you need at least 120 kg of pomegranates. They will yield 50 liters of pure juice which will give 30-35 liters of ruby red vinegar after evaporation & filtration losses.

Pomegranate vinegar is a medicine for poor digestion, clogged arteries, diabetes, cholesterol, Hypertension, & even for cancer & HIV patients. It is the best vinegar ever brewed on our earth, it is the piece of my heart.

The last picture is for my favorite colors, Brown, Red & Yellow, I love Figs, Pom & Pineapples vinegars the most, Figs vinegar is the ultimate cure for an enlarged spleen.