Snake Root ~ Rauwolfia serpentina

Urwah Bin Zubair

May 30, 2011, 5:24:19 AM5/30/11
Rauwolfia serpentina is another miracle of my Allah's creations, the root has anaesthetic, nervine and sedative properties. It has been employed for the relief of various central nervous system disorders, both psychic and motor, including anxiety states, insomnia, excitement, sexual aggression, maniacal behavior associated with psychosis, hypochondriasis, melancholia, schizophrenia, insanity, insomnia and epilepsy. Extracts of the root are valued for the treatment of intestinal disorders, particularly diarrhoea and dysentery. It is also used as an anthelmintic. It contains Reserpine alkaloid which is used for mild, essential hypertension.

Called as " Choti Chandan OR ASRAUL" in Urdu, it is a famous Yunani medicine for Hypertension & extensively used by Hakeems for dropping down the blood pressure. It has been added to our formula "HT".

Along with Asraul, Hakeems also use coriander seeds & White Sandalwood for Hypertension, pure Sandalwood is a beauty but difficult to find & it is very expensive, sold as SR 250/- per kg in Saudi Arabia.
DSC00060.JPG