Generosity for the Guest

1 view

Abu Hind

Feb 27, 2011, 2:28:35 AM2/27/11

Guests are Allah's Mercy, & being generous to them is welded with belief on Allah & the last day, but unfortunately, most of us are bothered by their arrival, & we feel heavy to spend some money for their Ikraam.

How to be generous with a guest ? Two verses of Quran provide the explanation.

Angels came in the shape of humans & they were the guests of Ibrahim Alaihe As Salaam :
  1. He never asked if the guests were hungry or not, & without informing them, he disappeared quickly (Faragha) & went to his wife (Ahllihee), slaughtered a calf, roasted it in Ghee & brought for the guests (Faja' A Bi Ijlin Sameen).
  2. It also exhibits that the best quality of food should be presented to guests.
  3. He never asked the guests to come closer to the food, rather he put the calf in front of them (Fa Qarrabahu Elaihim)
  4. It explains that guests should not be bothered to stand up & move towards the food, rather it should be placed near to their hands.
  5. He asked (Ala Ta'kuloon) "Why you do not eat" ? It means that even if the guest does not have a desire of hunger, he should be requested to eat some portions for the pleasure of host.
So what do you think ?

And because I have provided this information, you will have to roast a calf in Ghee for me, very soon, I shall be visiting you Insha'Allah.
Sameen.JPG
Ala Ta'kuloon.PNG
Yukrim Daifahu.JPG
Ikraam.JPG