Barley Soup with Moong Daal

26 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Bani Bayadah

lukematon,
16.3.2011 klo 3.12.0716.3.2011
vastaanottaja

Barley is a miracle of my Allah's creations, & those who are not experienced for making its bread can still enjoy Barley's derivatives. Plain barley soup (with Saweeq ~ Sattu) is a beauty, & it can be enhanced in taste by adding flavors from vegetables & lentils. I prepared the soup with Moong Daal.

Daal should be soaked overnight so that it is soft for the blender, OR if you boil the Daal before blending, it will be much better.

Blend an onion, tomato, some ginger & garlic, green chili & boiled Daal all together. Add spices, olive oil & some vinegar, cook at low heat for 30 ~ 40 minutes, now add Barley's Saweeq & cook again for 15 ~ 20 minutes (stirring the soup continuously), you will get a creamy soup, consistent with all ingredients captured in balance by every individual spoon. If barley added was (suppose) 100 grams, Daal should be 25 grams (one fourth)

Ibn Al Qayyam wrote that Skin of the Adas (Daal) is hot & dry in the third degree & also works as a laxative, the benefit of lentils is concentrated in the peelings (skin), and this is why whole lentils are more beneficial than washed / peeled lentils, less heavy on the stomach & less harmful.

Always select lentils with skin & avoid washed / peeled lentils.
header.png
DSC08273.JPG
DSC08281.JPG
DSC08285.JPG