Nagkesar ~ Cobra's Saffron

Hasan Bin Abul Mubashir

Oct 30, 2010, 2:11:05 AM10/30/10
Nagkesar is another miracle of my Allah's creations, it is acrid, anodyne, antibacterial, antifungal, anthelmintic, astringent, constipative, digestive, exhilarant, hepatic, stomachic and stimulant activities. Is a tonic for heart, expels wind, is antispasmodic, diuretic and emmenagogue. It exhibits significant antiinflammatory and styptic activity. Main use has been described in leucorrhoea and for controlling bleeding in menorrhagia and piles. Its use in menorrhagia may be due to its action on capillaries. Also useful for dysentery with mucus.

Nagkesar has been added to our formula "BDS".

Latin name : Mesua ferrea
English Name : Cobra’s Saffron, Iron Wood Tree, Indian Rose Chestnut
Arabic Name : Narekaisar
Chinese Name : Thiet lucmoc
French Name : Mesua Naghas
Hindi Name : Nagkesar, Nagkeshar, Nahachampa, Kanaka
Persian Name : Naremushk
Urdu Name : Nagkesar, Naremushk

Useful in Following diseases : Cerebral Atony, Dysentery, Flatulence, Insanity, Kidney Stone, Leucorrhoea, Melancholia, Menorrhagia, Metrorrhagia, Piles, Rheumatism, Sexual Debility, Weakness of Heart,

Following herbs are common for diseases like bleeding piles, leucorrhoea, menorrhagia, wounds with pus, & hence added to "BDS" for curing bleeding gums, Gingivitis & Periodontitis.

Mochrus            ~ Bombax malabaricum
Lodh Pathani    ~ Symplocos racemosa
Nagkesar           ~  Mesua ferrea
Dehydrated Alum