Bottle Gourd

Abu Hind

Mar 12, 2011, 6:09:37 AM3/12/11

I suddenly saw a typical type of Gourd (Yaqteen) in Qilwah (a village in south of Saudi Arabia), what a unique bottled shape Allah Has Given to this vegetable, with seeds put together only at the center, packed within the white cushions, weight was almost 2.5 kg, it gave 900 ml of pure juice & the pulp was not so cheap enough to be thrown away, I cooked its Halwah with butter & coconut sugar, I hope that you will feel the taste at your tongue. The gourd was so cheap, only for two Saudi Riyals, fresh vegetables (within the season) from villages are always easiest to digest & they benefit your body the most.

Gourd is called Yaqteen in Arabic, but the Bedouin seller named it Dubba'a, so I found that name in the following Hadith.

‏وقد ثبت في ‏(‏الصحيحين‏)‏‏:‏ من حديث أنس بن مالك، أنَّ خياطاً دعا رسولَ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم لطعام صنَعه، قال أنسٌ رضى الله عنه‏:‏ فذهبتُ مع رسولِ الله صلى الله عليه وسلم، فقرَّب إليه خُبزاً من شعير، ومرَقاً فيه دُبَّاءٌ وقَدِيدٌ، قال أنس‏:‏ فرأيتُ رسولَ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَتتبَّعُ الدُّبَّاء من حَوالى الصَّحْفَةِ، فلم أزل أُحِبُّ الدُّبَّاءَ من ذلك اليوم‏.

In the Sahihain, it is narrated by Anas bin Malik Radi Allaho Anh said that a tailor once invited the Messenger of Allah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam) to eat from some food that he made. So I went with the Messenger of Allah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam) and the tailor brought forth some bread made from barley and some soup that had Dubba'a and dried meat. I saw the Messenger of Allah (Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam) follow the traces of Dubba'a all around the edge of the pot, which made me love Dubbaa ever since that day.

Either Sahabah liked or disliked, but they always loved whatever was liked by Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam.

‏وقال أبو طالُوتَ‏:‏ دخلتُ على أنس بن مالك رضى الله عنه، وهو يأكل القَرْع، ويقول‏:‏ يا لكِ من شجرةٍ ما أحبَّك إلىَّ لحُبِّ رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم إيَّاكِ‏.‏

Abu Taloot said that I went to meet Anas Bin Malik Radi Allaho Anah, he was eating a gourd (curry) & he was saying, "You are a tree that is so dear to me, because the Messenger of Allah used to like eating you".
He.JPG
DSC08182.JPG
DSC08192.JPG
DSC08194.JPG