How to check Heeng ?

Abu Sarwa'ah Al-Naufali

Jan 10, 2012, 3:32:06 AM1/10/12
Heeng ~ Hilteet ~ Anjadaan (Asafoteida) is a miracle of my Allah's creations, it is the expensive Oleo-resin extracted from the roots of Ferula tree. It is no doubt the most powerful substance for fixing digestion problems, bloating, acidity, Gastritis, heaviness after meals, burping, etc.

Heeng powder available in the markets is not original, always try to find the GUM type Heeng. Fresh Heeng has beautiful colors, whitish, pink, brown & red shades, but when stored for months, color changes to dark brown with oxidation.

The problem with original Heeng is that it has small pebbles, those who collect Heeng are so ignorant, the expensive Heeng is obtained as 2 kg maximum from a single tree, & they never bother to keep the process neat & clean.

Take a pinch of Heeng & soak in water for few hours, the original Heeng will release the patent PINK color, strain it carefully & you will see those tiny pebbles after filtration.

During final moments of cooking, add Heeng water to your curry & you will enjoy the taste & digestion.

I love Heeng, it has come directly from the Hands of my Allah.
DSC05033.JPG
Brown Heeng.JPG
Hee1.JPG
Hee2.JPG