Re: Hijama according to the real SUNNAH

Hasan Bin Abul Mubashir

Dec 11, 2010, 1:26:48 AM12/11/10
to Mahmoud Hegazi, usman baloch
Brother Hejazi,

Thanks for the points you have discussed, YES, a perfect knowledge & experience of Hijamah is necessary for a Hajjaam.
But to be an authorized medical doctor is not compulsory, Hijamah of Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam (as indicated by Hadith) was performed by the slaves of Sahabah, & do you feel that a slave can be a medical doctor, in the times of our Prophet, a famous person named Haris Bin Kaldah was a medical doctor by profession, & as we can understand, his earnings never allowed someone to purchase him as a slave.

وفى ‏(‏جامع الترمذىّ‏)‏ عن عبَّاد بن منصور، قال‏:‏ سمِعتُ عِكْرمَةَ يقولُ‏:‏ ‏(‏كانَ لابن عباسٍ غِلمةٌ ثلاثةٌ حَجَّامُون، فكانَ اثنَانِ يُغلانِ عليه، وَعَلَى اهلِهِ، وواحدٌ لحجمِهِ، وحجمِ اهلِهِ‏.‏ قال‏:‏ وقال ابنُ عباسٍ‏:‏ قال نبىُّ الله صلى الله عليه وسلم‏:‏ ‏‏نِعْمَ العبدُ الحَجَّامُ يَذْهَبُ بالدَّمِ، وَيُخِفُّ الصُّلْبَ، ويَجْلُو البَصَرَ‏.

In Tirmizi, it is narrated by Abbaad Bin Mansoor that he said: I heard Ikramah saying that Abdullah Ibn Abbas Radi Allaho Anh had three slaves who were Hajjaam (a person who performs cupping), two of them used to work for him & his family (probably at his garden & to carry the grains & load to his house) & one of those slaves performed cupping. Abdullah Ibn Abbas Radi Allaho Anh reported that Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam said : "The best of your slaves is the one who performs cupping, Hijamah takes out the blood, & removes the pain from the back & enhances the vision".

وفى طريق أُخرى‏:‏ ‏(‏واحتَجَمَ رسولُ الله صلى الله عليه وسلم على كاهِلِه مِنْ أجْل الذي أكَلَ من الشَّاة، حَجَمَه أبو هِندٍ بالقَرْنِ والشَّفْرة، وهو مولىً لبنى بَيَاضَةَ من الأنصار، وبقى بعد ذلك ثلاثَ سنين حتى كان وجعُه الذي تُوفى فيه، فقال‏:‏ ‏(‏ما زِلْتُ أجِدُ من الأُكْلَةِ التي أكَلْتُ مِن الشَّاةِ يومَ خَيْبَرَ حتى كان هذا أوانَ انْقِطَاعِ الأَبْهَرِ مِنِّى‏)‏، فتُوفى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم شهيداً، قاله موسى بن عُقبةَ‏.‏

In another narration narrated by Musa bin Uqbah, “The Messenger of Allah used cupping on his back because of what he ate of the poisoned sheep. Abu Hind, a slave for Bani Bayadhah, used a knife to cup him. Three years later, when the Prophet was suffering from the illness that he died from, he said: "I still feel the effects of the poisoned sheep I ate from during the Day of Khyber until now, when it is the time the aorta is cut off (meaning when death is near)’. Therefore the Messenger of Allah died as a martyr.

Apart from KAHIL (points 1 & 55), Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam had Hijamah on his foot when he felt pain, it explains that Hijamah can be done at the areas where a patient feels pain & problem.

I have also heard about some people who were cupped at 20-22 points all together in a single session, it is totally regrettable.
You have probably seen videos of Usman Baloch on his website, we ask him to answer you directly.

Why you have not raised the issue of some Hijamah therapists, who touch women & perform their cupping without hesitation ?
My request to all medical doctors, whom you know that they are Hijamah therapists as well, why they do not compile some research papers on Hijamah's healing, they are in touch with labs & clinical investigations as an evidence is a piece of cake for them, why the efforts have not been made in this regard?