Constipation in Pregnancy

Alaa' Bin Hadhrami

May 10, 2011, 2:42:32 AM5/10/11

Assalam O Alaikum,

For pregnant women, we try our best to fix their problems with the diet itself, medications should not be administered.

Constipation during pregnancy should be avoided, & nothing more is blessed than the barley bread & Talbinah, it is the tragedy of our community that we have ignored & forgotten Tibb-e-Nabawi foods, especially the barley bread.

Fruits are also helpful (they have the soluble fiber), but your sister needs both the soluble & insoluble fiber, & the best insoluble is coated over the barley grains.

Following foods will be perfect, furthermore, they are so nutritious, for the mother & the child:
  1. Honey in moderately cold water at empty stomach, if she feels Nausea, you may add some vinegar to make Sakanjabeen.
  2. Talbinah (Breakfast # 2 ~ Talbinah) is a TONIC for pregnant women
  3. Thareed (meat soup with barley bread), please check How to make THAREED ? ,
  4. At least once in a weak, pregnant women should also try Beetroot Soup with Barley
She should eat watermelon with its seeds, very good for constipation.
All the curries should be cooked with the following rules:
  • Cook at low heat in a non-stick pan
  • We only recommend olive oil, stop all vegetable oils for ever
  • Do not over roast the onions, when they turn brown, the curry is difficult to digest, put all ingredients all together
  • While cooking vegetables, keep them half-tendered OR 75 % tendered
  • When you cook animal proteins like meat, poultry and fish, you must add vinegar