Za'afraani SANDESA

Abu Mahjan Thaqafi

Mar 22, 2016, 6:38:21 AM3/22/16
to tibb-e...@googlegroups.com

Sandesa is a Bengali sweet made with Cottage Cheese, at the shops, it is sold as 40/- Riyals per kg.

But if you were a Bawarchee (chef) of Mughal kings, their Hakeem would ask you to make Sandesa with Ghazaal Kastoori, Amber, Za'afraan (Saffron), rose oil from their own gardens & sandalwood oil from their own forests, & the price could increase to 4,000 Riyals per kg.

Za'afraan is a miracle of my Allah's creations, what you get at the markets is not a genuine Saffron, Ibn-e-Seena wrote that a good quality Saffron releases its color slowly, & you can try by pouring cold water over those cheep brands, they will release the color immediately. We use a high quality Saffron which is 15 ~ 17 Riyals per gram, it is a beauty, long~thick stigmas, strong aroma & releases the color very slowly.

We prepared Sandesa with Cottage Cheese, rose water, Za'afraan  date stones powder and Honey, all should be fried in Ghee (at low heat) for 20 minutes, Za'afraan releases its color & you get a beautiful Sandesa, decorate with silver foils & enjoy the taste & colors that have come directly from the Hands of your LORD.
phi2.png
SF.jpg
ks3.jpg
ks4.jpg