Lidocaine

Baraa' Bin Aazib

May 7, 2011, 2:33:59 AM5/7/11
to Dr. Mahboob ul Haqq siddiqui

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2011 1:57 PM
Subject: Lidocaine

Dr. Mahboob, Assalam O Alaikum,

I have 2 issues to ask you today.
  1. Some patients ask for using local Anesthetic sprays (like Lidocaine) so that the pain of Hijamah incisions could reduce, please acknowledge if it can contract the capillaries which may result in a lesser drainage of blood. Furthermore, what are the side effects of Lidocaine ?
  2. A doctor differed with me for the clotting of Hijamah blood, he said that either from the veins or from beneath the skin, the blood will have the same clotting time, my point of discussion was the absence of air contact inside the Hijamah cup. Can you explain more about the Bleeding time ~ Clotting time phase of blood extracted from the veins ? When you take a blood sample with a syringe, there is no air contact inside the syringe & then you transfer the blood in collecting / sampling tubes which are sent forward to the laboratory (and Anti-Coagulants are not added), furthermore, the sampling tube has to wait for few minutes in the queue, so during all this journey, what happens to the clotting of blood ?
Regards,,,,,,,,