CCS header files with mspgcc?

Paul Archer

Dec 7, 2010, 5:31:22 PM12/7/10
to TI Launchpad
It's annoying that code has to be written to either be compiled with
IAR/CCS or mspgcc. So I'm wondering if it is possible to take the
header files from a Windows installation of CSS and use them with
mspgcc. Has anyone tried this?

Kevin Mark

Dec 8, 2010, 2:29:29 AM12/8/10
to ti-lau...@googlegroups.com
o>
I dont think that would work. The best answer I think is to add a conditinal
#include for both gcc and CSS.

--
| .''`. == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' : The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|

WestfW

Dec 8, 2010, 6:48:47 AM12/8/10
to TI Launchpad
I believe that the newest versions of gcc (mspgcc4) are using TI
include files; I think they got tired of chasing new devices...
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3034080&group_id=277223&atid=1177287

Paul Archer

Dec 8, 2010, 12:25:59 PM12/8/10
to TI Launchpad
I just downloaded/compiled/ran. It appears to work fine with both the
CCS examples and the mspgcc examples. Although with one mspgcc test
program, the .elf file went from 3436 bytes to 5415 bytes. (That may
be a fluke, or something to do with me compiling 4.4.3 on an x86_64
machine and 4.4.5 on a x86 machine.)
At any rate, I'm happy to report that this means no mucking about
trying to 'fix' code to work with mspgcc!

Thanks,

Paul