WebMail for MS Exchange Web Client

ReynierPM

Oct 22, 2007, 9:06:44 AM10/22/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Hi every here:
I'm new here as every can see. I have a big problem and I leave you
here to see if any can help me. In my University the administrators
use MS Exchange as Mail Server. This server for public users like me
have SMTP/POP3 and IMAP service close. So I'm just ask if is possible
make a plugin or something to use MS Exchange WebMail service with
WebMail extension. ¿How can I get the code without using SVN?
Cheers and thanks in advance

Webmail Author

Oct 23, 2007, 4:20:20 PM10/23/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Download this (http://webmail.mozdev.org/owa.zip). It's a generic
Webmail extension, it will install and respond to calls from
Thunderbird. You need to customize this extension for your domain

1) Add your domain to
file owa.js
line 77

2) Add the login url to
file nsOWAPOP.js
line 77

ReynierPM

Oct 23, 2007, 9:14:16 PM10/23/07
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi again:
I try to setup the WebMail extension in Linux but I can get this to work. It's possible use this on Linux or is just for Windows? Another little thing: exists any manual for configure the OWA extension?

Cheers and thanks again

Webmail Author

Oct 24, 2007, 2:31:16 PM10/24/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
That extension does no more than install in to Thunderbird and respond
to Thunderbird commands, you need to provide the login and download
code.

ReynierPM

Nov 5, 2007, 8:45:28 AM11/5/07
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Hi:
It's me again. I try to setup the extension again but I can't get this to work. I'm seeing inside the files OWA.js and nsOWAPop.js and I found a POP server. I have a little question about that: What's happen if this MS Exchange Server doesn't allow connections to SMTP/POP3 and IMAP? I haven't access to this.

Cheers and waiting for a reply
--
Salu2
Ing. Reynier Pérez Mira

Webmail Author

Nov 5, 2007, 3:57:49 PM11/5/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
The extensions doesn't connect to Exchange using POP it uses HTTP.

HamsteR

Nov 26, 2007, 12:36:54 AM11/26/07
On 23 окт, 22:20, Webmail Author <webmailextens...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thunderbird. You need to customize this extension for your domain
I have some questions. Has this expansion https support?

> 2) Add the login url to file nsOWAPOP.js line 77
I should write a full login url (https://security.testdomain.com/
owa/)? Or only a part after the domain name (/owa/)? Please give an
example.

> 1) Add your domain to file owa.js line 77
I can simply write domain name (like "security.testdomain.com") in
this line?

Thanks.

On 23 окт, 22:20, Webmail Author <webmailextens...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Download this (http://webmail.mozdev.org/owa.zip). It's a generic
> Webmail extension, it will install and respond to calls from
> Thunderbird. You need to customize this extension for your domain
>
> 1) Add your domain to
> file owa.js
> line 77
>
> 2) Add the login url to
> file nsOWAPOP.js
> line 77
>
> On Oct 22, 2:06 pm, ReynierPM <reynie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi every here:
> > I'm new here as every can see. I have a big problem and I leave you
> > here to see if any can help me. In my University the administrators
> > use MSExchangeas Mail Server. This server for public users like me
> > have SMTP/POP3 and IMAP service close. So I'm just ask if is possible
> > make a plugin or something to use MSExchangeWebMail service with

Webmail Author

Nov 26, 2007, 1:54:09 PM11/26/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
This build is a bit more advanced.
http://groups.google.com/group/thunderbird-webmail-extension/web/owa-0-5-0.zip

> I have some questions. Has this expansion https support?
>
> > 2) Add the login url to file nsOWAPOP.js line 77

HTTPs is not a problem. The new line number is 91

> I should write a full login url (https://security.testdomain.com/
> owa/)? Or only a part after the domain name (/owa/)? Please give an
> example.

Use the URL you enter into the browser

> > 1) Add your domain to file owa.js line 77
>
> I can simply write domain name (like "security.testdomain.com") in
> this line?

That should work.

Rob Fuller

Nov 27, 2007, 6:59:26 AM11/27/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension

> > > 1) Add your domain to file owa.js line 77

Don't know what I got wrong but owa.js is only one line long... Any
thoughts? am I not looking at the right owa.js?
********0800200c9a66}\defaults\preferences\owa.js

Webmail Author

Nov 27, 2007, 2:35:09 PM11/27/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
What are you using to open the file

Rob Fuller

Nov 28, 2007, 6:17:42 AM11/28/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
PSpad. I get the same results in Wordpad and Notepad

Webmail Author

Nov 29, 2007, 4:12:57 PM11/29/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I've just tried Notepad and it works for me.

Rob Fuller

Dec 1, 2007, 9:26:22 PM12/1/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Working now, I just didn't know that ya'll were talking about editing
within the OWA.jar.

On Nov 29, 4:12 pm, Webmail Author <webmailextens...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just tried Notepad and it works for me.
>
> On Nov 28, 11:17 am, Rob Fuller <jd.mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > PSpad. I get the same results in Wordpad and Notepad
>
> > On Nov 27, 2:35 pm, Webmail Author <webmailextens...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > What are you using to open the file

Webmail Author

Dec 2, 2007, 5:13:16 PM12/2/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
This version has been hard coded to a domain, you must add your domain
and login url.

bw123

Dec 18, 2007, 5:24:43 AM12/18/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I just moved to a new workplace which does not support IMAP or POP,
but OWA only. I am a thunderbird user, and would like to get TB
working with this server. I have tried unsuccessfully to following
this thread, but could not get the owa addon to work.

The link http://groups.google.com/group/thunderbird-webmail-extension/web/owa-0-5-0.zip
does not work.

However, I downloaded owa.zip (owa-0-0-1.xpi), and edited the files
you suggested. However:

1) The is no file nsOWAPOP.js, but rather owa/components/nsPOPOWA.js

2) Not sure what you mean by editing line 91 for https

3) I also edited nsSMTPOWA.js line 78 to include the URL of the OWA
server

4) I installed the addon but it said that it required additional
items.

A few more questions: Where is the username and password entered?

Thanks.

On Nov 26, 6:54 pm, Webmail Author <webmailextens...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This build is a bit more advanced.http://groups.google.com/group/thunderbird-webmail-extension/web/owa-...

Slater0013

Jan 18, 2008, 11:16:57 AM1/18/08
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Hello all.

I followed your post...

I have an access to an Exchange Server and I am trying to configure a
webmail extension for use with Exchange (via RPC/https)

You seem to be using OWA... but the last link is dead... :(

Could you repost it ?

Thx
GS

Dos the extension need "webmail.xpi" to be installed

On 18 déc 2007, 11:24, bw123 <brw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just moved to a new workplace which does not support IMAP or POP,
> but OWA only. I am a thunderbird user, and would like to get TB
> working with this server. I have tried unsuccessfully to following
> this thread, but could not get the owa addon to work.
>
> The linkhttp://groups.google.com/group/thunderbird-webmail-extension/web/owa-...

Slater0013

Jan 18, 2008, 12:00:23 PM1/18/08
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Ok I configured the OWA extension properly for my domain

In the log file, I get the HTML code of my login page....

But I get a timeout for "connecting to localhost...."

What's the next thing to do ?

GS

On 18 jan, 17:16, Slater0013 <guenael.sanc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I followed your post...
>
> I have an access to anExchangeServer and I am trying to configure a
> webmail extension for use withExchange(via RPC/https)

Slater0013

Jan 18, 2008, 12:09:11 PM1/18/08
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Ok I found the 0-6-0 version...

I now have a simple negative vibes message...

I should be close !

GS

Slater0013

Jan 18, 2008, 12:13:45 PM1/18/08
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
One more, in the Console I have

nsOWA.js: loginHandler : Exception : TypeError.
Error message: szResponse.match(kMailBoxURL) has no properties

Hope someone can help !

GS

Webmail Author

Jan 18, 2008, 4:11:19 PM1/18/08
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Can you email me the log file (see webmail options panel)

Slater0013

Jan 21, 2008, 3:06:40 AM1/21/08
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I sent you the logfile by email.