armv7 compilation fails at linking phase

Jean Regisser

May 31, 2010, 3:32:58 PM5/31/10
to thr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using three20 in a universal (iPhone/iPad app). It was working
fine until I updated three20 today.
I'm getting the following error:

Undefined symbols:
"___restore_vfp_d8_d15_regs", referenced from:
+[TTEntityTables(TTSingleton) allocWithZone:] in
libThree20.a(TTEntityTables.o)
+[TTEntityTables(TTSingleton) releaseSharedInstance] in
libThree20.a(TTEntityTables.o)
+[TTEntityTables(TTSingleton) sharedInstance] in
libThree20.a(TTEntityTables.o)
"___save_vfp_d8_d15_regs", referenced from:
+[TTEntityTables(TTSingleton) allocWithZone:] in
libThree20.a(TTEntityTables.o)
+[TTEntityTables(TTSingleton) releaseSharedInstance] in
libThree20.a(TTEntityTables.o)
+[TTEntityTables(TTSingleton) sharedInstance] in
libThree20.a(TTEntityTables.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I've reproduced this problem with the TTCatalog app.
Convert it to a universal iPhone/iPad app and try the Release build.
And make sur armv7 is the active architecture.
What I don't understand is that the the debug build is working.

I've tried changing different project settings and so far no luck.
I've haven't yet identified what difference makes the Debug build
succeeds.
Googling this issue didn't bring a clear answer.

I'll let you know once I figure out what's wrong.
In the meantime, let me know if you have an idea or have come accross
this problem yourself.

Jean

Jean Regisser

Jun 2, 2010, 4:50:14 AM6/2/10
to thr...@googlegroups.com
My universal app is compiled with architecture "Optimized (armv6
armv7)" but Three20 is not.
So 2 solutions here:
#1: compile with armv6 only, then no change is required in three20 but
the app will be theoretically "slower" on the iPad
#2: update the "Release" configuration of the three20 xcode projects:
set the base SDK to "iPhone Device 3.2" and choose "Optimized (armv6
armv7)" for the architectures.

Here is a small patch for #2: http://gist.github.com/422115

Hope it will help someone else,

Jean

Dennis

Jun 7, 2010, 7:10:08 AM6/7/10
to Three20
Strange. As far as I know, I didn't change anything in my build
configurations. But now I'm getting the exact same error.

Did you find a solution?

Dennis

Dennis

Jun 7, 2010, 7:11:03 AM6/7/10
to Three20
Sorry about the post. Somehow google sometimes directs you to one post
without the answers etc. That's what i oversaw.

Andrew Arrow

Jun 17, 2010, 10:02:49 PM6/17/10
to Three20
#1 didn't work for me, same error. But I checked "Build Active
Architecture Only" checkbox and then it worked.

Pierre

Jul 21, 2010, 12:33:10 PM7/21/10
to Three20
+1 Andrew Arrow.