Disabling edit in a TTLauncherView

Malolan

Nov 23, 2010, 8:31:39 PM11/23/10
to Three20
Hi,

I am new to three20. I was trying to fiddle around with Launcher. I
was wondering if there is a way to disable the editing of the icon's
location in TTLauncherView.

I searched and found an old post:

http://groups.google.com/group/three20/browse_thread/thread/b1a79ff4cb5e1983

However I don't see these changes in v1.1 or v1.02a.

Thanks!

troppoli

Nov 24, 2010, 10:54:17 AM11/24/10
to Three20
I think you'll get what you want if you call endEditing in the
delegate launcherViewDidBeginEditing method.

- (void)launcherViewDidBeginEditing:(TTLauncherView*)launcher{
[launcher endEditing];
}

-s
steve.troppoli

On Nov 23, 8:31 pm, Malolan <malol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to three20. I was trying to fiddle around with Launcher. I
> was wondering if there is a way to disable the editing of the icon's
> location in TTLauncherView.
>
> I searched and found an old post:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/three20/browse_thread/thread/b1a79ff4c...

Malolan

Nov 25, 2010, 2:24:48 AM11/25/10
to Three20
Thanks for the reply. I tried that before posting this question. When
I do this, it still goes into edit mode and leaves the icon in a bad
state.

Is there any other to perform the same?

Prime31

Nov 25, 2010, 11:44:29 AM11/25/10
to Three20
Check my Three20 categories on Github (just search for prime31). You
will find what you need in a new delegate method in there.

Malolan

Nov 26, 2010, 3:00:04 AM11/26/10
to Three20
Hey Prime31,

I tried getting those files. It doesnt seem to work with version 1.1.
I am a newbie so I could have made a mistake while following the
install instructions, However it is complaining about some missing
files.

Even if it doesnt compile I still have the code, so can you let me
know what delegate to look for? Are you talking about the
"launcherViewShouldBeginEditing"

Thanks!

Chris Heng

Nov 27, 2010, 12:51:00 AM11/27/10
to Three20
The method mentioned by uprise78 in the other thread worked for me:

@implementation TTLauncherView (DisableEditing)

- (void)editHoldTimer:(NSTimer*)timer {
_editHoldTimer = nil;
}