Failed to start searchd, with no log

BToothman

Feb 9, 2010, 7:37:13 PM2/9/10
to Thinking Sphinx
I've seen various forms of this problem show up a few times, but none
of the answers have worked for me thus far.

Everything had been working fine, until I accidentally deleted my
rails project folder. I restored it from a backup and when I try to
run ts:rebuild, it indexes everything alright, but fails to start the
searchd daemon. I double checked that sphinx is installed, and I've
tried deleting the db/sphinx/development folder. I've tried running
ts:config and it creates the config file in the right spot, and it
looks to be correct. But it doesn't ever create the log file (project/
log/searchd.log).

Pat Allan

Feb 9, 2010, 7:55:08 PM2/9/10
to thinkin...@googlegroups.com
What happens if you run the searchd command manually:

searchd --pidfile --config config/development.sphinx.conf

--
Pat

Brett Toothman

Feb 9, 2010, 8:07:05 PM2/9/10
to thinkin...@googlegroups.com
bind() failed on 127.0.0.1

Looks like daemon didn't release port? Either way I did a server restart and everything looks to be running ok now. Thanks for the help.
--
-Brett Toothman