[ts] connection refused; running at wrong port?

tashfeen.ekram

May 17, 2010, 5:05:27 PM5/17/10
to Thinking Sphinx
i am able to start engine, index, and stop it. i was actually using it
just fine until i decided to upgrade to ruby enterprise edition and
then switched back. now, i can not seem to search.
the error i get:
Connection to 127.0.0.1 on 3312 failed. Connection refused -
connect(2)

i am in development mode and it seems my search engine after looking
at the config files is running at port 9312. it seems fomr the above,
it is looking for it at 3312 which is what is listed in the config
file for the production.

tashfeen.ekram

May 17, 2010, 8:28:00 PM5/17/10
to Thinking Sphinx
Not sure exactly how i surfaced this error but it relates to this
post:

http://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx/browse_thread/thread/fda8141944e58368/b2d25f5bbbe8ccea?lnk=gst&q=9312#b2d25f5bbbe8ccea

i was thinking now that the default is 9312 upgrading all the
components would solve that (sphinx, riddle, and thinking-sphinx) but
that did not quite work.

So, I just created a sphinx.yml as seen here:

http://freelancing-god.github.com/ts/en/advanced_config.html

So, does this mean the default on thinking-sphinx is to look to port
3312? It does not seem like that is the case because the
development.sphinx.conf says 9312.

Pat Allan

May 17, 2010, 8:33:22 PM5/17/10
to thinkin...@googlegroups.com
Upgrading should make everything work... did you re-index before restarting Sphinx? Because the conf file will need to be updated. You shouldn't need the explicit port number in your sphinx.yml file.

Just to confirm - what versions of Sphinx, Thinking Sphinx and Riddle do you have installed?

--
Pat