Thin 1.0 Release Candidate

Marc-André Cournoyer

Jul 29, 2008, 10:50:23 AM7/29/08
to thin...@googlegroups.com
Ohaie!

1.0 is just around the corner and to make sure nothing blows up, apart
from crossing my fingers and praising lord matz, I'm doing a lil'
release candidate thing.
I pushed the gems to my server, download from:

gem install thin --source http://code.macournoyer.com

== Warning ==
This is not the official 1.0 release. But it's tagged as 1.0 in the
code and in the gem. So if you install this gem, you'll have to
uninstall it before installing the official 1.0 when it comes out.

Please give it a try and report any bugs to: http://thin.lighthouseapp.com/projects/7212-thin
as soon as you can. I'm planning to release 1.0 next week if no
blocker bugs are found.

Thank you all, supporters of Thin, you are awesome!

Marc-Andre Cournoyer
http://macournoyer.com/

James Golick

Jul 29, 2008, 10:52:06 AM7/29/08
to thin...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! What's the code name!?!

Marc-André Cournoyer

Jul 29, 2008, 11:35:16 AM7/29/08
to thin...@googlegroups.com
I've put "The Big" for now, but I'm open to suggestions as always ;)

Wayne Seguin

Jul 30, 2008, 7:16:08 AM7/30/08
to thin...@googlegroups.com
"Golden Roach Clip"

cheapRoc

Jul 30, 2008, 9:39:01 AM7/30/08
to thin-ruby
How about, "Thats What She Said" ?

That seems to get passed around the office quite frequently... hehe.

-j

On Jul 29, 11:35 am, Marc-André Cournoyer <macourno...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I've put "The Big" for now, but I'm open to suggestions as always ;)
>
> On 29-Jul-08, at 10:52 AM, James Golick wrote:
>
> > Awesome! What's the code name!?!
>
> > On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Marc-André Cournoyer <macourno...@gmail.com
> > > wrote:
>
> > Ohaie!
>
> > 1.0 is just around the corner and to make sure nothing blows up, apart
> > from crossing my fingers and praising lord matz, I'm doing a lil'
> > release candidate thing.
> > I pushed the gems to my server, download from:
>
> > gem install thin --sourcehttp://code.macournoyer.com

Kevin Williams

Jul 30, 2008, 10:27:41 AM7/30/08
to thin...@googlegroups.com
+1 that's a super-excellent and memorable 1.0 codename! love it.

--
Cheers,

Kevin Williams
http://bantamtech.com/
http://almostserio.us/
http://kevwil.com/

wuz

Jul 30, 2008, 11:54:42 AM7/30/08
to thin-ruby
I will have a try,if possible,I will try to use it in production
enviroment.

Kevin Williams

Jul 30, 2008, 12:37:16 PM7/30/08
to thin...@googlegroups.com
I just tried to install the RC, and got the following error:
-----
WARNING: RubyGems 1.2+ index not found for:
http://code.macournoyer.com/

RubyGems will revert to legacy indexes degrading performance.
ERROR: could not find gem thin locally or in a repository
-----
I haven't seen this error before from rubygems, so I'm not sure if I
did something wrong or not.

Mark Bates

Jul 30, 2008, 12:39:46 PM7/30/08
to thin...@googlegroups.com
Great news! Is Thin-Turbo going to be part of 1.0 or will it still be
separate?

Mark Bates
ma...@mackframework.com
http://www.mackframework.com
http://api.mackframework.com/
http://github.com/markbates/mack

Marc-André Cournoyer

Jul 30, 2008, 1:06:56 PM7/30/08
to thin...@googlegroups.com
awww, I guess, this is cause rubygems 1.2 is not installed on
Dreamhost, where my server is hosted and where I build the index.
I'll try to put the gem on github.

Marc-André Cournoyer

Jul 30, 2008, 1:09:20 PM7/30/08
to thin...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mark,

thin-turbo is still an experiment and far from a stable release. It
wont be part of the thin gem until it is stable and used on several
production sites.

Matt Todd

Jul 30, 2008, 3:03:36 PM7/30/08
to thin...@googlegroups.com
+1 "That's What She Said"

I'll think of a few originals, but later.

florentin raud

Jul 31, 2008, 6:10:10 AM7/31/08
to thin...@googlegroups.com
"you know what i'm sayin?"