No, no - just no

Ronald Methvin

Jul 30, 2009, 1:05:39 AM7/30/09
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
http://www.cremationsolutions.com/Personal-Urns-c109.html

From the site:
"Now we can create a custom urn in the image of your loved one . . . or favorite Celebrity."

Jason Service

Jul 30, 2009, 7:47:29 AM7/30/09
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
ok, my work blocked the site...weird, but anyway...I suppose in a really sick twisted way, i could get 'into' Drew Barrymore this way...

Terry Morton

Jul 30, 2009, 7:58:45 AM7/30/09
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if that includes comic book characters.  Could my urn have Black Hand on it, thereby making my death a Blackest Night tie-in?

Holly Elliott

Jul 30, 2009, 10:26:02 AM7/30/09
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
Okay, the screwtop head is just creepy.  This reminds me of when people have their dead pet stuffed.

Holly

Ronald Methvin

Jul 30, 2009, 10:55:24 AM7/30/09
to theuni...@googlegroups.com

It is reminensent of Ray Liota in Silence of the Lambs 2, or whatever it was called.

The only thing worse (possibly) would be to use your stuffed pet /as/ an urn. . . .

Anybody see the Star Trek casket and urn http://www.eternalimage.net/star_trek.php.  (Actually, the ST urn is kind of cool)

Also, there could be some 'use of likeness'/copyright issues if they use celebrities liknesses.  That woud be an iinteresting cease and desist letter.
~Ron

Jul 30, 2009, 11:23:07 AM7/30/09
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
I always liked the Mark Gruenwald method - having your ashes mixed with the ink in the Squadron Supreme trade paperback.

Jason Service

Jul 30, 2009, 11:28:48 AM7/30/09
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
the Layne Staley (Former Alice In Chains frontman) method is creepily cool...die and not get found for 18 days. When they finally do get into your residence, you are in a disgusting state of decomposition...yet your 3 cats are still alive and well fed despite there being no food around...

Todd Elliott

Jul 30, 2009, 11:58:29 AM7/30/09
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
Wood chipper?  Watch it Ron. I want to be in a Incredible Hulk urn.

Todd Elliott
thel...@gmail.com
http://www.theuniquegeek.com/

sh...@onceuponageek.com

Jul 30, 2009, 12:30:44 PM7/30/09
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
Wow.  That Star Trek urn & coffin, and the Doctor Who coffin, are crazy-geek.

Overall, the concept of specialized coffins/urls is pretty creepy.

The Irredeemable Shag
http://firestormfan.com
http://onceuponageek.com
http://twitter.com/onceuponageek

Jennifer Walker

Jul 30, 2009, 12:59:52 PM7/30/09
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
No, what's creepy is that you can buy coffins (the normal kind, not sure about geek-specific) on Overstock...

Shag

Jul 31, 2009, 8:59:49 AM7/31/09
to The Unique Geek
Ron's thread inspired me to look for more geeky coffins. I posted a
few more on my blog today.

http://onceuponageek.com/2009/07/31/you-gotta-go-anyway-so-why-not-go-geek/