Doctor Who: Anime?

1 view

ScottC

Feb 12, 2009, 12:34:07 PM2/12/09
to The Unique Geek
Well they did it to Star Wars and Star Trek.
http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/02/12/doctor-who-the-anime/

Shag

Feb 13, 2009, 1:14:42 PM2/13/09
to The Unique Geek
A couple different responses...

1) Upon first reading Scott's post... Why? WHY?!?! For the love of
everything holy, WHY?!?!

2) After watching the video... It pains me a great deal to say ...
that was friggin' cool. If they had started with anyone other than
Jon Pertwee, I would have hated it. But truth be told, I would be all
over a show like that. I loved seeing the Doctor and Master fencing
on top of the Eifffel Tower. Very cool.

The Irredeemable Shag
http://onceuponageek.com
http://firestormfan.com

matisleonhart

Feb 15, 2009, 2:13:54 AM2/15/09
to The Unique Geek
I think this is gonna be Shag's gateway anime

Patrick Pence

Feb 15, 2009, 10:47:52 AM2/15/09
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
Well, to be fair, I think many of us on here had our Anime Gateway in the late 70s/early 80s with 'Speed Racer', 'Battle of the Planets', 'Lupin III/CliffHanger/Castle Cagliostro', and 'RoboTech'.

I suspect others (like me) just chose a different path when liking anime became the 'in' thing in the late 80s.

While I still enjoy bits of it (Lodoss, Akira), much of it still gives me a headache.

However, the Doctor Who stuff looks awesome.  I'd buy that for a dollar.

Patrick

______________________________
patric...@hotmail.com
"You can be the captain,