Trinity... I'm out

Shag

Jul 6, 2008, 5:40:28 PM7/6/08
to theuni...@googlegroups.com

I just read issue #5 of Trinity.  Even though Im a huge fan of Busiek, Nicieza, Bagley, McDaniel, and Thibert, I just can see this series being worth it.  I imagine it will be an interesting story about Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman full of obscure DC characters from over the years, but its just not enough to make me spend $150 on it (52 weeks times $2.99).

In the interest of conserving money (primarily so I can afford other newer more interesting looking titles), Ill also be dropping: All-New Atom, Birds of Prey, and possibly Checkmate & Wonder Woman (still undecided on these two).

The Irredeemable Shag

http://onceuponageek.com

Michael Bailey

Jul 6, 2008, 7:38:40 PM7/6/08
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
While I am not dropping Trinity (I can't.  I checked the contract.)  I'll be dropping a crap load of books too on Thursday.  No more Secret Invasion for me.  I just can't afford it.
--
This post/e-mail was written by Michael Bailey, Superman Apologist

Hey, I have a podcast

http://viewsfromthelongbox.blogspot.com

Hey, I have a Superman blog.

http://www.fortressofbaileytude.com

Shag

Jul 6, 2008, 11:35:48 PM7/6/08
to theuni...@googlegroups.com

Let me know if Trinity is worth buying the trades after the fact.  Probably cheaper that way.

The Irredeemable Shag
http://onceuponageek.com

Sghoul

Jul 7, 2008, 8:41:18 AM7/7/08
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
I have dropped quite a few things myself. I am basically following
writers at the moment. And dropping stuff if it doesn't hook me in 2-3
issues.

--
And when you kill a man, You're a murderer
Kill many, and you're a conqueror

rave...@aol.com

Jul 7, 2008, 4:10:42 PM7/7/08
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
Just to chime in here - Trinity is very badly written (which is a surprise) and badly drawn (which is not) - I hate it and I quit it much earlier than Countdown, alas
My fear was that it would be good but it would be ignored since Countdown ruined weekly comics forever.  Alas the first part was wrong, but the second part remains true!

Alas!

I dearly wish those DiDio rumors had been true (except for the Palmiotti part.  The crackingist of all crack rumors in cracktown)

Jul 7, 2008, 4:41:10 PM7/7/08
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
I gave up on a majority of my monthly titles a long time ago. It's got to be something particularly good to get my attention now- most of the large story arcs in Marvel and DC just haven't done it for me. World War Hulk was meh overall, the Secret Invasion stuff has been done before, and I haven't followed DC for years now.

Shag

Jul 9, 2008, 12:13:43 AM7/9/08
to theuni...@googlegroups.com

http://www.dccomics.com/news/?nw=10301

They cut the word balloons, but check out the printed DC Nation last week. Ambush Bug admits to going into hiding a few years back and posing as Dan DiDio.  I love the bald wig!

The Irredeemable Shag
http://onceuponageek.com

Jul 12, 2008, 2:12:54 PM7/12/08
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
Erika - First off, welcome to THE UNIQUE GEEK! Glad to have you aboard!

In regard to Wonder Woman, I'm going to read all the issues in this run
before making up my mind. I've been buying them, but haven't made the time
to read them yet.

Also, kind of funny... I made this big deal about quitting THE ALL-NEW ATOM.
Turns out the most recent issue is the last one anyway.

The Irredeemable Shag
http://onceuponageek.com

Jul 12, 2008, 8:28:53 PM7/12/08
to theuni...@googlegroups.com
I did the same thing with SUPERMAN CONFIDENTIAL, Shag.  I was all like, "Man, this book sucks.  I'm out of here."  And then I read at the end of the issue that it was the last one.

I felt like Judge Reinhold in FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH.