The Frontstretch Newsletter SPECIAL EDITION - September 26th, 2010

Frontstretch.com

Sep 26, 2010, 12:56:30 AM9/26/10
to The Frontstretch, sc...@jayski.net, Jayski, na...@jayski.net, frontstr...@googlegroups.com
THE FRONTSTRETCH NEWSLETTER
Presented by Frontstretch.com
The Best Seat at the Track, The Best View on the Net!

September 26th, 2010
Volume IV, Edition CCIX
~~~~~~~~~~

REMINDER: GET THE "REAL" DOVER STARTING LINEUP STRAIGHT FROM US!

RELIVE THE EARLY '90s WITH THE FULL EXPLANATIONS OF EACH DRIVER YOU DESERVE. CLICK HERE FOR BROCK BEARD's BEST "BOB JENKINS" LOOK AT THE 43-CAR FIELD.

~~~~~~~~~~

REMINDER: THE FRONTSTRETCH LIVE BLOG THIS WEEKEND!

Race number two in the Chase heads to Dover International Speedway.  The "Monster Mile" has been known to reach out and bite a driver in a single lap, so the action is sure to be intense.

Can't get to a television to see the race?  Or are you just sick of what you're hearing? Well don't be afraid to watch a different way - by joining some of your favorite Frontstretch writers for commentary, opinions, polls, and at-the-track insider information you can't get anywhere else as you follow the race LIVE from your computer.  The action starts at 1:00PM this afternoon, so feel free to drop on by.  And remember, viewer posts are always welcome, so don't be shy -- participate!

~~~~~~~~~~

Today's Top News
by Bryan Davis Keith

Kyle Busch Breaks Monster Mile Record

Kyle Busch led 192 of 200 laps on Saturday en route to scoring his 11th victory in the Nationwide Series this year. Coming in just his 23rd start, he broke the previous mark for wins in a season set by Sam Ard in 1983.

Busch was the class of the field from the drop of the green and was never seriously challenged, part of another 1-2 punch by the Joe Gibbs Racing Toyotas. However, the margin of victory did close to three tenths of a second by race's end after the No. 18 team reported a vibration with eight laps to go. That allowed teammate Joey Logano to close the gap, but it was too little, too late for the driver of the No. 20. Logano, Carl Edwards, Reed Sorenson, and Kevin Harvick rounded out the top-5 finishers, while Trevor Bayne was the highest full-time Nationwide Series regular in sixth.

The race was marred by a 10-minute red flag on lap 136 after a vicious accident that saw Elliott Sadler get broadsided by Drew Herring. Sadler, who spun after getting loose under Erik Darnell in turn 4, slid back down the high concrete banks and right into the path of Herring, who connected with the No. 88 at nearly full speed. Fortunately, both drivers were treated and released at the track's infield care center.

Carl Edwards' third-place result allowed him to make up 53 points on Brad Keselowski, who suffered a spin and right front damage on lap 162 after making contact with Steve Wallace in turn 1. The No. 22 team managed to stay on the lead lap, but limped home 17th, their worst finish since Chicago back in July. Keselowski remains in a league of his own, though, still 320 markers ahead of Edwards with seven races remaining. Justin Allgaier rallied from early handling woes to finish ninth, remaining fourth in points - the highest-ranked NNS regular.

For more analysis of Saturday's Dover 200, check out Bryan Davis Keith's Nationwide Series Breakdown

Breaking: J.J. Yeley On His Future Plans
by Tony Lumbis

In an odd twist of events, J.J. Yeley is back driving for Whitney Motorsports at Dover, the very team that let him go just one month ago. On Friday, Yeley made the race driving the No. 81 Dodge, the team car to the No. 46 which he drove in nine events earlier this season. Yeley who is already scheduled to drive in four more races for Tommy Baldwin Racing, told the Frontstretch on Saturday that both he and Whitney are hoping to work together for a few more races before the end of the season. Beyond this race, the team announced on Twitter they'll be running a second car for four of the final eight events in 2010, leading to an opening Yeley could fill down the stretch.

When asked if there were any hard feelings between driver and owner, Yeley provided a very philosophical response. “After taking a step back and looking at it from Dusty’s perspective, I understand why he had to make the decision that he did last month. It wasn’t personal, it was business.” As for the rest of the season, the driver hopes to continue to keep his name out there with the hope that something more permanent will develop for 2011.

~~~~~~~~~~

DON’T FORGET … WACKY WEDNESDAYS! GET LAUGHING WITH NEW CONTENT ALL OVER THE MAIN PAGE!

Many fans are frequent Frontstretch visitors, but how many actually scroll all the way down to the bottom of our main page? Well, now we've given you a reason to give our site a few extra clicks. On the right-hand side of the main page, we've brought back our popular Foto Funnies feature poking fun at the pictures of the week, a perfect match for the Top Ten always located in your bottom right-hand corner. Add in a main page poll, a Carey and Coffey blog, and there's a brand new destination spot for Wednesday content. It's just the latest way to give you the best NASCAR news, commentary, info, and entertainment anywhere on the web!

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Frontstretch readers! Looking for an autographed item from your favorite driver? Or with the NFL season now in full gear, maybe you want to support your team by purchasing an autographed jersey of your favorite player. Get excited for the MLB playoffs by purchasing an autographed baseball from your favorite big leaguers. Where can you do all this? Frontstretch.com's newest sports memorabilia sponsor! Simply click on the link on our sidebar and start shopping for authentic sports memorabilia items today!

~~~~~~~~~~

TODAY ON THE FRONTSTRETCH:

Denny Hamlin Awakens A Sleeping Giant and Fills It With Terrible Resolve
by Bryan Davis Keith

Nationwide Series Breakdown: Dover 200
by Bryan Davis Keith

~~~~~~~~~~

FRONTSTRETCH TRIVIA:

Q. In 1981, Chatsworth, Georgia's Jody Ridley picked his only career Winston Cup victory (and the only victory for car owner Junie Donlavey).  However, Ridley's Thunderbird was not the car to beat that day.  What happened to give Ridley his only win?

Check back Monday for the answer, here in the Frontstretch Newsletter!

Frontstretch Trivia Guarantee:
  If we mess up, you get the shirt off our backs!  If we've provided an incorrect answer to the Frontstretch Trivia question, be the first to email the corrected trivia answer to tri...@frontstretch.com and we'll send you a Frontstretch T-Shirt ... FREE!

~~~~~~~~~~

Coming Monday in the Frontstretch Newsletter:
-- AAA 400 Race Recap from TBD
-- Big Six: AAA 400 by Amy Henderson
-- Links to your favorite Frontstretch articles, Stat of the Week and more!

~~~~~~~~~~

Monday on the Frontstretch:

Matt McLaughlin's Thinkin' Out Loud: AAA 400 by Matt McLaughlin
Matt will be here with his overall thoughts about the action from Sunday afternoon's shootout at Dover.

The Cool Down Lap by Doug Turnbull
Another Monday morning commentary to make you sit up and take notice.

Fact or Fiction by Bryan Davis Keith
Bryan takes a look at the biggest stories of the weekend and analyzes it in a way only he knows how to.

Running Their Mouth: AAA 400 by Summer Dreyer
Did he really say that?  You bet he did! Summer brings you the most interesting, unusual, and downright crazy quotes to come from the drivers after Sunday afternoon's race from Dover.

Bubble Breakdown: Tracking The Top 35 In Car Owner Points by Brock Beard
Brock takes a look at the backmarkers battling for the 35th and final "locked in" spot and sees how their performances pay off at Dover.

Tracking the Trucks: Smith's Food & Drug Stores 350 by Beth Lunkenheimer
Beth has all the post-race analysis you need after Saturday night's Camping World Truck Series race from Las Vegas.
Talk back to the Frontstretch Newsletter!
Got something to say about an article you've seen in the newsletter? It's as easy as replying directly to this message or sending an email to edi...@frontstretch.com. We'll take the best comments and publish them here!
©2010 Frontstretch.com