Fw: VOTE FOR SF IF YOU WANT CHANGE TO A BETTER LANKA ......

niyas abbas

Jan 25, 2010, 2:18:48 PM1/25/10
to JUDE DASSENAIEKE, sri_lanka...@yahoogroups.com, Srilanka...@yahoogroups.com, christianco...@yahoogroups.com, christ...@yahoogroups.com

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: niyas abbas <niyas...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: JUDE DASSENAIEKE <kum...@btinternet.com>; protectm...@yahoogroups.com; Buddhi...@yahoogroups.com; Ananda Wijesinghe <anan...@yahoo.co.uk>; Dukhinda Jayawardena <du...@ansam.com>; Kamal Rajapakse <kamal.r...@sky.com>; Narada Gangadhara <nga...@earthlink.net>; Ananda Jayasinghe <smi...@eol.lk>; Ananda Guruge <Ananda...@cs.com>; Ananda Kahawatte <kaha...@yahoo.com>; Asanga Ariyatilake <asan...@yahoo.com>; Bandula Chandrasekera <banch...@yahoo.com>; Bandula Jayasekara <band...@eureka.lk>; C Wijayatilake <txr...@sltnet.lk>; Chandrasoma <chanr...@yahoo.com>; Daya Hewapathirane <dayahe...@yahoo.ca>; Daya Ranasinghe <lanka....@virgin.net>; Dayawansa Jayakody <daya...@sltnet.lk>; Devika Perera <dev...@mbslbank.com>; Dharmasiri Weerasinghe <dharm...@weerasinghe.net>; Douglas Premaratne <dp...@eureka.lk>; Dr Bandara Jayaweera <band...@sltnet.lk>; Dr Edward Perera <Edward...@gmx.de>; Dr Gunapala Edirisooriya <gediri...@ysu.edu>; Dr Harischandra Wijayatunga <harisc...@wijayatunga.com>; Dr Hema Goonatilake <hgoona...@hotmail.com>; Dr Jagath Vasanthathilaka <drja...@gmail.com>; Dr S B Dhanapala <iand...@sltnet.lk>; Dr Susantha Goonatilake <susa...@hotmail.com>; Dr Victor Gunasekera <sl...@uqconnect.net>; Editor - Lak Bima <lak...@isplanka.lk>; Gamini Edirisinghe <gamin...@gmail.com>; Gamini Perera <tee...@sltnet.lk>; Gavin Karunaratne <gam...@aol.com>; Gunadasa Amarasekera <ssa...@lanka.ccom.lk>; H Kotakadeniya <kot...@sltnet.lk>; H L D Mahindapala <mahin...@optusnet.com.au>; Himali Jinadasa <himalij...@hotmail.com>; Hiran Halangoda <slff...@slt.lk>; Jaliya Wickremarachchi <csl...@rogers.com>; Janaka Perera <sriyan...@yahoo.com>; Jayatilleke de Silva <edi...@dailynews.lk>; K D D Rathnayaka <da...@tamu.edu>; Kalinga Seneviratne <sen...@yahoo.com>; Kamal Deshapriya <nishan...@gmail.com>; Kith de Silva <kithd...@hotmail.com>; Kumar Dassenaieke <kum...@btopenworld.com>; L Jayasooriya <l_j...@wow.lk>; Lakmal Fernando <Lakm...@mail.lankabell.com>; Lalith Gunaratne <senp...@hotmail.com>; Lalith Karunaratna <lalith.ka...@eu.sony.com>; M B A Hewa <mba...@yahoo.com>; Mahesh Pathirana <mahesh.p...@gmail.com>; Mahinda Gunasekera <mguna...@primus.ca>; Malinda Seneviratne <kadawa...@yahoo.com>; Malinga H Gunaratne <m...@mail.ewisl.net>; Malini Endagama <endaga...@yahoo.com>; Mallika Wanigasundara <mar...@sltnet.lk>; Manik de Silva <ma...@unl.upali.lk>; Mohn Senaratne <telec...@yahoo.com>; Narendra Gunatillake <sili...@eureka.lk>; Nimal Liyanage <nima...@tpg.com.au>; Nuwan Wijethilake <nuwan...@yahoo.com>; Olga Mendis <mervyn...@optusnet.com.au>; Prabath Sahabandu <pra...@unl.upali.lk>; Prof Mahinda Palihawadana <mah...@lanka.ccom.lk>; Prof Nalin de Silva <nal...@kln.ac.lk>; Prof Sarath Amerasinghe <sar...@soci.ruh.ac.lk>; Prof Sunil Jayalath <sun...@hotmail.com>; Prof Susantha Herath <she...@STCLOUDSTATE.EDU>; Prof Vishva Warnapala <cyp...@formin.gov.lk>; Gallage Punyawardana <s...@slt.lk>; R M Navaratne <rmn...@sltnet.lk>; Ramani Wickramaratne <cfba....@gmail.com>; Gamini Ranasinghe <gasi...@sltnet.lk>; Ranjith Fernando <telv...@cga.lk>; Ranjith Soysa <ran...@slef.info>; Roger Smith <roj...@yahoo.co.uk>; Rohana Wickremasinghe <rohan...@lanka.ccom.lk>; S N P Dissanayake <diss...@asry.net>; Sakunthala Perera <din...@hotmail.com>; Sandaruwana Bandara <sa...@cccorps.com>; Sanjeewa Gamaethige <sanj...@cis.lk>; Saroj Jayasinghe <societya...@yahoo.com>; Sasanka Liyanage <sasa...@yahoo.com>; Shan Guneratne <sh...@orac.net.au>; Shirani Waduge <dami...@hotmail.com>; Sinha Ranatunge <edi...@sundaytimes.wnl.lk>; Siri Anandagoda <cs...@ntlworld.com>; Srimal Punchihewa <de...@rupavahini.lk>; Sumith de Silva <unilan...@aol.com>; Susil Shanthala <susilsh...@yahoo.com>; Wagisa Fernando <wag...@multi-chem.com>; Wasantha Bandarage <peacet...@yahoo.com>; Douglas Wickramaratne <dwickra...@hotmail.com>
Cc: Asian Tribune <asiant...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Mon, 25 January, 2010 22:11:12
Subject: Re: VOTE FOR SF IF YOU WANT CHANGE TO A BETTER LANKA ......

Hmmm ...... Jude .... you took a lot of pain to write that .... I am not angry with you for that ... it is your right to back the candidate of your choice. This is democracy .... So let us read the views of every one and avail the only opportunity as a citizen when you will be treated like a "King" by the politicians. Atleast for that split second moment when you exercise your right in putting that cross X (Knighthood for one and the hangman's noose to the other) ... the two candidates will be ready to serve you at any level. Who would have thought the auto drivers will be treated to a sumptuous meal - what some people call Danasala at Araliya Gaha Mandiraya ... (of course at the cost of an unfortunate restaurent owner). So many such dansala's and millions of new year greetings .... on your mobile phone ( don't worry about who footed the bill) but isn't the voter having his day .....

Did you see the enormous amount of posters and banners ..... poor Sarath is nowhere in those jungles of wasted money .... his posters were hidden like sometimes the clouds do to the sun. Never let it peep its head out ..... sometimes this cloud bring disaster to the masses in the form of floods and mudslides by not letting the sun to shine and dry off the wetlands ... don't you feel it is unfair ..... doesn't the clouds have all the spaces in the sky to do its job and let the sun too do its part ..... why obstruct it unjustly and bring anger and create fear in the hearts of the people ....

So obviously eventhough  as you claim MR (the cloud) is efficient ledgeable etc people look at his supporters and his strategy ... who have not done any justice to him ....

Do you see why peole want to choose SF .... I saw this disaster from the beginning from the way MR supporters were behaving in these forums .... filth, vulgarism lies, unfair, remarks, communal remarks .....and you expect people to support him ....

You wrote about  JVP on the side of SF but din't mention about JVP on the side of MR. You didn't touch on the enormous amount of money laundering on the MR side and the family empire he built up ... And the inefficiencies of his relatives which brought billions in losses to our country like Petroleum Corp losses .... Mihin air tradgedies .... etc etc .... You forgot to mention about killing of excellent reporters in broad day light and absolutely no action taken to catch the culprit ... or the destruction of TV stations .....

You didn't say anything about injustices done at customs dept to minorities by wihtholding their goods .... which came for festivals and releasing them only after the festival is over with huge damerages. If you are truthful you could have sighted allthese and more so that I could have answered you in full .....

SF has declared his assets to the Malwatte Chapter on his birthday 18th Dec and he will do the same every year .... why didn't MR and his five brothers and other 384 relatives do the same .....

 So you have to seriously think of your option on the 26th and chose who is the better person or the one who is closer to Mr CLEAN.

Niyas

From: JUDE DASSENAIEKE <kum...@btinternet.com>
To: protectm...@yahoogroups.com; Buddhi...@yahoogroups.com; Ananda Wijesinghe Sent: Mon, 25 January, 2010 20:08:20

So You Have Decided to Vote Sarath Fonseka? Read This To the End, and then Vote!

So you have decided to vote Sarath Fonseka, haven’t you? It’s all right. I understand. I am not here to sling mud at Sarath Fonseka. I will never ask or beg you to vote Mahinda. You don’t have to. I just want you to read this to the end. I respect Sarath Fonseka, as much as you do. In fact I personally want to vote him, but I can’t. I’ll tell you why. Please read till the end. You have decided to vote Sarath Fonseka for one of these three reasons

1) You are voting Sarath Fonseka simply because your parents keep voting UNP for last 50 years, and you are also inherently a UNP supporter.

2) Or, you are voting Sarath Fonseka because you believe in JVP politics, and your leader Somawansa Amarasinghe wants you to vote Sarath Fonseka this time.

3) If not for these two reasons, you are voting Sarath Fonseka simply because you personally feels that’s the right thing to do. You are not influenced by either the UNP or the JVP

For what ever the reason you are voting Sarath Fonseka, you have already created mental justifications for your decision. It’s the human nature. Once you make a decision, you tend to rationalize your decision. Let me guess some of your rationalizations and ask you few questions back. You have to give answers to your own self, for these questions.

1.   Sarath Fonseka was the true leader of our war victory against LTTE. He would have done it even without Mahinda as the president.

Can he? Is SF the sole contributor to the war victory? For sure, Mahinda wasn’t the “sole contributor”. But, Mahinda was the “leader” who managed all aspects of this war; not just a one frontier. The military war in the air (with Roshan Gunathilake), military war in the sea (with Karannagoda) and the military war on land (with Fonseka). How about the political war? Keeping the pressure put by opposition and international community away from the military leaders? Did Sarath Fonseka played any role in these other aspects, than the military war on the ground? Ask from your own common sense. Don’t let your political biasness to fool you.

2.  Ok, war victory was just a one thing which Mahinda did right. Did he do anything else for this country? Just take a look at these pictures, and ask from your own common sense whether these were not important to you. Don’t let your political biasness to fool you. Simply question your common sense.

3.  Mahinda didn’t do anything for the business sector. Ok, if you believe in this as a reason for voting SF, tell me what you are expecting SF to do good for the business community? What guarantee you have? Remember his economic policy is going to be influenced both by UNP and JVP. Can you expect any “positive sum” in a combination of JVP and UNP economic policies? Isn’t ending the war itself is a good thing done for the business community? Isn’t building the roads a good thing for business?

4.  Mahinda taxed the country a lot. Without taxing a country, how can you provide free education, free healthcare, more super highways, more flyovers, ending a 30 year old war? Are you expecting under SF he will remove all these taxes? Then how can he continue to provide us free education, free healthcare, and continue the development projects?

Lord Buddha said, “those who always find faults with others on minor concerns, despite the larger achievements they have made; will always keep on burning inside by their own flames of selfishness”. Stop being selfish. Open your mind. Put away your political jealousy. Think about the truth standing right in front of your eyes. The truth is, Mahinda did a great deal of good to this country which JR, Premadasa or Chandrika failed to do. Do you want to turn this country back by handing it over to a person who doesn’t even know how to speak to another human being? A person who get aggravated so quickly?

Tell me…. Are you ready to vote for a man who is spreading hatred on every stage that he speaks? Are you ready to vote for a person who has already threatening to get revenge the people talking against him? If you are the type of “100% media freedom”; are you ready to vote for a man who threatens the press people to resign from their jobs, even before he get elected as president? Can you expect press freedom from such a man?

I respect SF as a military commander. But I don’t want this country to be ruled by an angry totalitarian dictator, who get aggravated easily with a small provocation. I don’t want to see this country to be ruled by a person who doesn’t know the meaning of the word “patience”, “forgiveness”. I don’t want to see this country be ruled by a person who’s surrounded by people who are willing to kill people, even before their leader gets appointed as president (Just imagine the fate of MR supporters on 27th, if SF gets elected).

I know that you hate Mahinda. I don’t want you to love him. Keep hating him. But don’t cut your nose simply because you hate your face!

If you still want to vote Sarath Fonseka and see this country get ruined, please go ahead and vote him! But if you have a slightest of common sense left with you, and if you are not looking at the world with political colored glasses; see the danger ahead of us. Don't just vote Sarath Fonseka, because that you hate Mahinda. This is not about hating Mahinda. This about the future of this country. Don't play with it. DON’T VOTE SARATH FONSEKA FOR THE SAKE OF THIS COUNTRY!

Just cancel your vote, if you don't like Mahinda!

If you see the danger I am showing you; please pass this message to all people whom you think that care. Simply copy and paste this to an email and send to your contacts. Republish this on forums. Print this and spread! What ever that you can do to open the eyes of politically blinded people of this country...