#55 - Freedom Fries

Sean

Jul 14, 2010, 3:02:25 AM7/14/10
to The Passage Announcements
The Passage of a Few People Through a Rather Brief Moment in Time #55

FREEDOM FRIES

Wednesday, July 14
Meet at Vermont and New Hampshire at 8:30pm

Oh, sure, they may have their liberty and their equality and their
fraternities, but where were the French when we needed support for our
totally justified and righteous invasion of Iraq? Huh? Where were your
precious French then? In FRANCE, that's where. Being all smug and
logical and stuff. A-holes!

So, we're not going to celebrate their froggy holiday on the Passage
ride. No. No berets. No baguettes. And no Jerry Lewis. And if we eat
fried potatoes, we're not going to be calling them "French" fries.
Because, first of all, they're not even French in origin; they're
Belgian. Second, if those French bastards are even too snooty to call
them French fries themselves, then WE certainly are not going to call
them that. Third, because we love FREEDOM. And, fourth, if we're going
to be eating anything fried, it is going to be donuts. Like AMERICANS.

We're also going to be doing a lot of short climbs this week. And go
down some staircases. Yet not do too many miles, so we can take our
time. None of which, admittedly, has much to do with freedom -- or
potatoes -- per se, but it's all going to happen nonetheless. We don't
really need to give you a REASON to do those things, you see. They're
just the right things to do. And it is our job to do them. Regardless
of logic or history or the lack of an exit strategy or what the French
think. But, if you need a reason, we can show you a totally un-blurry
satellite photo of said hills and staircases and few miles and you
will see that our intervention is not only justified but necessary.
For FREEDOM.