Exploring Lift vs. The Definitive Guide to Lift?

Vladimir Kelman

May 11, 2009, 4:08:48 AM5/11/09
to The Lift Book
Amazon has two Lift books listed: "The Definitive Guide to Lift"
ISBN-13: 978-1430224211 at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1430224215/
and "The Definitive Guide to Lift" ISBN-13: 978-1430224952 at
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1430224959/.

Are these really two different books (variants)? Which one corresponds
to this Google Group? It's quite confusing.

marius d.

May 11, 2009, 4:53:32 AM5/11/09
to The Lift Book
Same book. Just the title changed. Not sure why there are two distinct
links out there.

Br's,
Marius

On May 11, 11:08 am, Vladimir Kelman <vkel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Amazon has two Lift books listed: "The Definitive Guide to Lift"
> ISBN-13: 978-1430224211 athttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1430224215/
> and "The Definitive Guide to Lift" ISBN-13: 978-1430224952 athttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1430224959/.

TylerWeir

May 11, 2009, 8:43:42 AM5/11/09
to The Lift Book
Yes, Marius is right. I named the book Exploring Lift at the start
and it was announced as such.

After a bit of thought, APress aligned it with the rest of their
titles The Definitive Guide to <subject>.

I imagine that in time, the previous name will be marked as invalid
and Amazon et al. will drop the listing.

We're not attempting to confuse people, it was just a series of
events.

Vladimir Kelman

May 11, 2009, 9:51:21 AM5/11/09
to the-li...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for explanations. It's just pretty bad that Amazon currently allows to pre-order two different books with differnt ISBN, price, amount of pages, and release date. Maybe we can tell them somehow to correct an error?

Derek Chen-Becker

May 11, 2009, 5:52:44 PM5/11/09
to the-li...@googlegroups.com
I'll let our contact at APress know and maybe they can fix the Amazon dup.

Derek