Giving a talk today about the Hypergrid today

John "Pathfinder" Lester

Sep 8, 2013, 11:12:34 AM9/8/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I know we haven't been actively touring in about a year, but I know you're all still interested in the Hypergrid.  So I wanted to let you all know I'm giving a talk today about the Hypergrid at the OpenSim Community Conference.

Details about my talk here: http://sched.co/18YmK6R
Live streaming video will be here: http://t.co/68tLma5Ud9

And if you miss the talk, the session will be recorded for later viewing.

Please me know what you think of my presentation if you get a chance to see it.  And if you're interested in me starting up the HGAC meetings/tours again, please let your voice be heard in this Google Group.  If enough people are interested, I'll reboot. :)

Take care,
-Pathfinder

iamneocortex

Sep 8, 2013, 11:17:18 AM9/8/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
count me in! (maybe we'll find some nice places to explore in real 3D ^^)

Sandra Sutton Andrews

Sep 8, 2013, 2:00:45 PM9/8/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I would love to join in this time. I think that after the conference there may be more people for whom, like me, the conference has been the first successful experience.

Sandra Sutton Andrews, PhD
The Millet House Gallery & Books

Wizzy Gynoid

Sep 8, 2013, 4:22:48 PM9/8/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I logged in and listened on the stream, but it was unclear to me, or it was not easy for me to see where the conference is; that is to say I didn't know where to go in the Hypergrid.
  _/\___
 \        /
 /        \
 ¯¯ \/
¯¯¯
 __,-^-,__
 X        X
 X        X
 ¯¯'-V-'¯¯

威扎德
魔法使い

Pete MacKichan

Sep 8, 2013, 4:25:20 PM9/8/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Path,

I'm always ready to do a bit of exploring. I thought the meetings were very useful, especially as they took me to places I otherwise might not have visited.

Pete

Any Gynoid

Sep 8, 2013, 3:45:16 PM9/8/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to be there John... helpdesk is not sending me credentials... to login... tried using JoykadiaGRID creds too... not working. Pls poke someone for me! Thx!

Richard Hackathorn

Sep 8, 2013, 4:36:01 PM9/8/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your talk at OSCC13, Pathfinder!

For me, it bought back old memories and new dreams! Richard

Dr. Richard D. Hackathorn, president
Bolder Technology, Inc. - realizing the value in tech
4740 Hancock Drive, Boulder, CO 80303 USA
Office: 303-447-8677 Cell: 303-506-2049
Email: rich...@bolder.com Twitter: Hackathorn
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/hackathorn

Beth O'Connell

Sep 8, 2013, 7:55:46 PM9/8/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Your talk was inspirational--so many beautiful places! I'm so jealous that I wasn't part of this group from the beginning, but I wouldn't have been ready, anyway. Now I am. Thanks for always leading the way!
:o)
Beth

John Lester

Sep 9, 2013, 12:07:45 AM9/9/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
For those of you who missed it,

Video of my presentation: http://bit.ly/1cX75qy

http://about.me/pathfinder

“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.”  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

John Lester

Sep 9, 2013, 12:10:03 AM9/9/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Beth, welcome to our group.  Thank you for joining us!

Richard, I'm happy you enjoyed my presentation.  That's what I was shooting for: looking back then looking forward. :)

http://about.me/pathfinder

“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.”  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Thirza Ember

Sep 9, 2013, 3:40:05 AM9/9/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Count me in for HG trips - if they are euro time-zone friendly!

Kate Miranda

Sep 9, 2013, 5:29:59 PM9/9/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to get re-involved too.  Kate Miranda seemed to always be busy during the times you chose previously but I feel getting too mired in SL is just  imprudent.

==============================

Joyce Bettencourt aka Rhiannon Chatnoir

Sep 10, 2013, 5:35:10 AM9/10/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com, Joyce Bettencourt
Pathfinder/John,

I was tied up with streaming another OSCC track and other organization things, so wasn't able to watch your talk 'live'. Got a chance to catch up via the Ustream archive today and, as always, you were engaging and inspiring!

You and I have chatted on the possibilities of restarting up the HyperGrid trips outside of this group/thread, but would love to see this happen. I would certainly try to be there as I can and if there is anything AvaCon or myself can do to help you in this, just let me (or Fleep) know.

Thanks!
Joyce / Rhiannon

Rhiannon Chatnoir in SL/OpenSIm

On Sunday, September 8, 2013 11:12:34 AM UTC-4, John "Pathfinder" Lester wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> I know we haven't been actively touring in about a year, but I know you're all still interested in the Hypergrid.  So I wanted to let you all know I'm giving a talk today about the Hypergrid at the OpenSim Community Conference.
>

> Details about my talk here: http://sched.co/18YmK6R
> Live streaming video will be here: http://t.co/68tLma5Ud9
>

> And if you miss the talk, the session will be recorded for later viewing.
>

> Please me know what you think of my presentation if you get a chance to see it.  And if you're interested in me starting up the HGAC meetings/tours again, please let your voice be heard in this Google Group.  If enough people are interested, I'll reboot. :)
>

> Take care,
> -Pathfinder

Your talk was inspirational--so many beautiful places! I'm so jealous that I wasn't part of this group from the beginning, but I wouldn't have been ready, anyway. Now I am. Thanks for always leading the way!
:o)
Beth

Delenn Daines

Sep 10, 2013, 9:37:48 AM9/10/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Yes John, I would be interested in hypergridding again.
Delenn Daines

Robin

David Solomonoff

Sep 10, 2013, 10:44:57 AM9/10/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Definitely start the HGAC meetings/tours again.

Would like to get the Internet Society of New York involved. We could do
a group tour with our members meeting in an NYC space and more
experienced people acting as guides.

John Lester

Sep 10, 2013, 11:35:24 AM9/10/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
David, that's a great idea!

Does anyone know of any NYC-themed places on the Hypergrid?  I'll have to dig around my landmarks...

-Pathfinder

http://about.me/pathfinder

“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.”  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

To post to this group, send email to

fabrice metopen

Sep 10, 2013, 12:14:37 PM9/10/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
+1 tu peux me compter aussi :) Fab

Liz Dorland

Sep 10, 2013, 12:24:24 PM9/10/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Who has the .oar for the 1939 World Fair? :-)

Chimera

Liz Dorland

Sep 10, 2013, 12:28:16 PM9/10/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
If you haven't logged in to Jokaydiagrid for awhile, it may be that your password changed during the migration to the new host. I had to email Jokay for help.

Liz D. / Chimera

David Solomonoff

Sep 10, 2013, 1:17:15 PM9/10/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
An intriguing idea! The NYC Wikimedia group often does outings where
they tour an area and take photos that are then Creative Commons
licensed. I could invite them.

David

Buffy Beale

Sep 11, 2013, 1:13:47 PM9/11/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Path, loved your presentation and I'd like to join in too please I have my explorer hat ready :)