Let's do a HGAC Tour - Saturday Sept 28 at 10pm EDT

John "Pathfinder" Lester

Sep 18, 2013, 11:59:47 AM9/18/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

Let's do a tour!  I recently discovered an amazing place called the East Africa Traveler Safety Simulation.  You can learn all about it here: https://sites.google.com/site/globalhealth3dgrid/home/for-gh-learners   My plan is to hold the tour on Saturday Sept 28 at 10pm EDT. Rachel Gloedu, the lead person behind this simulation, has graciously offered to meet us and give us an overview of the project.

If you plan to attend, please say so in this thread.  I'd like to get a good idea of how many folks plan on showing up.

Also, does anyone know of Jokaydia is back on the Hypergrid?  I'd like to start our tour from there as usual, but I haven't been able to hypergrid jump into JokaydiaGRID for a long time now.

It's been a long time since we've done this, and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends and new faces too. :)

Take care,
-John "Pathfinder" Lester

James Stallings II

Sep 18, 2013, 12:05:04 PM9/18/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com

Sounds like a hoot - I will most likely attend.

Cheers
James/Hiro

Pete MacKichan

Sep 18, 2013, 1:33:14 PM9/18/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Path,

Email problems :-(

I just took a look at Jokaydia and was able to jump out into the
Hypergrid - everything working just fine. I had to change my browser
settings to log in, so perhaps you need different settings to jump in.

See you on Saturday.

Pete

Ange Menges

Sep 18, 2013, 2:28:16 PM9/18/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, 10pm EDT is 4am for me, so I will be sleeping :-(
Next time I hope !
Have a nice HG travel

Ange

Delenn Daines

Sep 18, 2013, 2:30:46 PM9/18/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
sorry Path, a little too late for me.  Delenn Daines

wxcv

Sep 18, 2013, 2:21:20 PM9/18/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com

Unfortunately 10pmEDT is 4am for me I will be sleeping :-(

Next time I hope !

Ange Menges

David Solomonoff

Sep 18, 2013, 4:21:03 PM9/18/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Will make it.

David Solomonoff

Angela Garnet

Sep 18, 2013, 5:19:32 PM9/18/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, it'll be 3am for me. I might be awake then but can't guarantee it. Hope it goes well.

Vonni

Sep 18, 2013, 5:22:51 PM9/18/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I hope to be there but where are we leaving from?  I have not logged into JokaydiaGrid since it moved.

Sandra Sutton Andrews

Sep 18, 2013, 6:43:03 PM9/18/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks - yes, I want to go.

Sandra Sutton Andrews, PhD
The Millet House Gallery & Books

jokay Wollongong

Sep 18, 2013, 6:45:53 PM9/18/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

jokaydiaGRID is indeed back on the Hypergrid after a little hiatus. Info is here - http://www.jokaydiagrid.com/how-to-hypergrid-to-jokaydiagrid/

For those who didn't request that their account be migrated when we moved over to new hosting back in October 2012, you will need to create a new account.

Regards,
jokay

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 7:22 AM, Vonni <adag...@gmail.com> wrote:
I hope to be there but where are we leaving from?  I have not logged into JokaydiaGrid since it moved.

Jo Kay
________________________________
Freelance Design, Virtual  Worlds and Facilitation
Tel: 0405179622

Neo Cortex

Sep 19, 2013, 4:41:21 AM9/19/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Welcome back!
Seems we are running into the same cursed timezone problems again..
4am for me too.
We should at least consider to re-visit the tour at some more (UTC / UTC +8 ) compatible time.
The questions that come to my mind are:
- who will "lead" that second (third...) group? (would be good if that might be someone who participated in the original tour)
- will we be able to find a guide for the target regions? (same as above, or someone on the target grid?)
So: this is a call for volunteers ;-)
cu in the hypergrid,
Neo

Gren Spencer

Sep 19, 2013, 2:27:30 PM9/19/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
 Will be 2 AM for me, but see you there! :)

S Cherry

Sep 19, 2013, 9:33:18 PM9/19/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Woot, woot!!! Count Sarvana Cherry in!!!!

Sally S. Cherry, BS, MT(ASCP)
Social Media Consultant/Instructor
Telephone: (443) 528-3359

Cherry Consulting Network - "Real to Virtual; Virtual to Real"
Website: http://cherryconsultingnetwork.net
Follow on CherryNetwork:  http://Twitter.com/CherryNetwork
Like CherryNetwork Page: http://Facebook.com/CherryNetwork

SarVana Haalan (Second Life/JokaydiaGRID)
Sarvana Cherry   (JokaydiaGRID/OSgrid)
Sally Cherry (Kitely)

Community HIV/AIDS Resource Exchange (CHARE) Project
Email:     sa...@CHAREproject.com
Website: http://CHAREproject.com
Follow CHAREproject:  http://www.twitter.com/CHAREproject
Like CHAREProject Page: http://Facebook.com/CHAREproject

Cherry Consulting Network  *  PO Box 211  *  Joppa, Maryland  21085

Oronoque Westland

Sep 20, 2013, 5:14:10 AM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there with my hiking shoes on.

Oronoque

Pam Broviak

Sep 20, 2013, 6:15:53 AM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com

I am thinking I can make it at that day and time! Will try to see if I can get into and out of Jokaydia grid with my OSgrid avatar.

Pam Broviak

Pete MacKichan

Sep 20, 2013, 6:40:32 AM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
5 am for me, so that counts me out :-)
Hopefully someone can organise a repeat at a Europe-friendly time.

Cheers,

Pete

Kay McLennan

Sep 20, 2013, 6:54:58 AM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pam, et al,

FYI, if you cannot jump from Jokaydia (and the OSCC13 grid is still online on the 28th), you can jump from the OSCC13 grid to Rachel's East African Travelers' Safety Game (at: http://vibe.bio-se.info:9000).

Note:  If I am not mistaken, Jokaydia is on the "Lower" portion of the hypergrid and if one starts at the "Upper" portion of the hypergrid, there are three jumps needed (including going through the "Middle" portion) to get to the "Lower" portion.  Further, I can make the jump to Jokaydia from the OSgrid but I can never get back from the middle landing island to the upper landing island -- I get a message that says I am not authorized to jump back to the upper landing island (?).

[As an aside, September 28th -- the date for Hypergrid Adventurers Club jump to Rachel's Global Health Grid -- is the nation-wide Free Museum Day (sponsored by the Smithsonian).  In turn, my oldest daughter and I have a marathon day of visiting all of our local museums planned!  Can't wait!]

Finally, when you start playing the East African Traveler's Health Game, do not forget to STAY ON THE PATH! (smile)

Best,
Kay

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 5:15 AM, Pam Broviak <pamela...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am thinking I can make it at that day and time! Will try to see if I can get into and out of Jokaydia grid with my OSgrid avatar.

Pam Broviak

L1Aura Loire

Sep 20, 2013, 7:08:09 AM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I plan on attending. Thanks!

Lori Landay/L1 Loire

LuAnn Phillips

Sep 20, 2013, 8:37:17 AM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I intend to join you all. I've been quite focused in Second Life again, and this is a good opportunity for me to get back into Open Sim.

I need to make a 5 minute pitch next Tuesday addressing the question: Why should organization continue to experiment with virtual worlds for community-based non-formal education? Virtual worlds will never become mainstream.

I would LOVE for you to send me your best sound bite in response to this question.

Thanks!

LuAnn Phillips, eXtension
Virtual Worlds Coordinator
In SL:Thynka Little

Vonni

Sep 20, 2013, 12:51:47 PM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Okay, progress.............. I made a new account on JokaydiaGrid and made a halfway decent avatar.  Been poking around a bit but cannot find Pathlandia.  Where would the group be gathering for the jaunt?

Vonni

James Stallings II

Sep 20, 2013, 12:54:55 PM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com

Search your map for pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000 - its in the upper ranges, I reasilly jump there from coords 11800, 10800 on OSgrid.

Cheers!
James/Hiro

James at Lloud

Sep 20, 2013, 1:22:10 PM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I hope to be there - this sounds great.
-Lloud Laffer

James Stallings II

Sep 20, 2013, 1:23:28 PM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com

This shaping up to be a gridhopping load test :3

On Sep 20, 2013 12:22 PM, "James at Lloud" <ja...@lloud.com> wrote:
I hope to be there - this sounds great.
-Lloud Laffer

Vonni

Sep 20, 2013, 3:29:34 PM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com

Vonni

Sep 20, 2013, 3:31:08 PM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to James I have my Hypergrid landmarks updated.  Where are we leaving from on the 28th?

Vonni

Martha Jane Bradford

Sep 20, 2013, 5:01:52 PM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I have got it on my calendar. Sounds like fun *_* (aka Alizarin Goldlfake)

Martha Jane Bradford

Sep 20, 2013, 5:02:45 PM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com

Martha Jane Bradford

Sep 20, 2013, 5:04:24 PM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Count me in (dang, I am having the hardest time finding out how to reply!)

Alex Rawson

Sep 21, 2013, 4:15:19 AM9/21/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
4 am for me as well, unfortunately. There seems to be a strong Europe contingent ... John could we possibly set up another tour, midday EDT?

If so I'll be there. Thanks! Eudaimon

Annabelle Fanshaw

Sep 21, 2013, 10:32:02 AM9/21/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, can't make that one, but keep me posted

Connie Lantz

Sep 21, 2013, 11:12:31 AM9/21/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
i may make it :D I haven't jumped in ages! ~Koni Lanzius

Michael Smith

Sep 20, 2013, 5:33:01 PM9/20/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I just realized that I misread the time, so I can make if after all. See you there!

Thanks, Path. It's good to see the group back in action.  :)

Michael / Merlin

Michael D. Smith
M.Ed. student in Learning, Design, & Technology

On Sep 18, 2013, at 11:59 AM, John Pathfinder Lester <john.e...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Nathan Jackson

Sep 23, 2013, 8:29:15 PM9/23/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello : )
I'd be happy to go.  I put it on my calendar.
I've never done this before.  Should be interesting. Where do we meet? Pathfinder? (already bookmarked that)

Pim Peccable

Sep 24, 2013, 9:33:46 AM9/24/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Typically here: http://www.jokaydiagrid.com/how-to-access-jokaydiagrid/

I forget the name of Pathfinder's little slice. I'm sure he will tell us all more soon.

Pim Peccable

James Stallings II

Sep 24, 2013, 9:37:26 AM9/24/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com

Nathan Jackson

Sep 24, 2013, 11:08:05 AM9/24/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
 Oh.  So we meet AT this place.  Alright!   : )

Beth O'Connell

Sep 27, 2013, 8:16:48 AM9/27/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
OK, this is my 3rd try at posting a reply. I'll be there if I can figure out how to get there!
:o)
Beth Ghostraven

Wanda Shigella

Sep 27, 2013, 8:38:25 AM9/27/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I will try to attend, thank you. :)
Wanda

Martha Jane Bradford

Sep 27, 2013, 3:42:16 PM9/27/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi All - does anyone know if we are meeting on Pathlandia?

I have tried to hypergrid to Jokaydia but can't get in.

I downloaded Singularity but I am totally ghosted on it.

Hope to see you all tomorrow, aka Alizarin Goldflake

jokay Wollongong

Sep 27, 2013, 5:20:55 PM9/27/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm not sure what Pathfinder's plans are, but as I've been getting quite a few questions on our support channel, I thought I'd jump in and clarify jgrid info as much as I can which might help at least solve the technical problems until Pathfinder lets us know what the plan for the event is!?

jokaydiaGRID is on the Hypergrid. Depending upon which zone you're logging in from, you can visit us via:
  • Upper Zone: svc.jokaydiagrid.net:8002:hypergridupper
  • Middle Zone: svc.jokaydiagrid.net:8002:hypergridmiddle
  • Lower Zone: svc.jokaydiagrid.net:8002:hypergridlower
Please note these are NEW hypergrid addresses since last time the HGAC met.  Of course if you are using the new Singularly viewer (wooohoo) you will be able to get to us without doing hops in between, so I'd recommend heading to svc.jokaydiagrid.net:8002:hypergridlower. If you're having trouble hypergridding over, do let us know by emailing sup...@jokaydiagrid.com or using the support form @ http://www.jokaydiagrid.com/support/ and we'll try to assist.

There's info about Hypergridding to jokaydiaGRID here - http://www.jokaydiagrid.com/how-to-hypergrid-to-jokaydiagrid/

Regarding accounts - If you registered before October 2012 and you didn't request an avatar transfer when we moved our grid's hosting, you will need to setup a new account (we only transferred active users during our migration). You can create an account here - http://www.jokaydiagrid.com/signup-for-jokaydiagrid/. If you have any difficulties let us know by emailing sup...@jokaydiagrid.com or using the support form @ http://www.jokaydiagrid.com/support/ and we'll help you sort it out.

Similarly if you haven't logged into jokaydiaGRID since we moved, you'll need to update your viewer settings. There is info @ http://www.jokaydiagrid.com/how-to-access-jokaydiagrid/ and the Login URI is http://svc.jokaydiagrid.net:8002/

Regarding a starting point for the tour - Pathlandia is actually not on jokaydiaGRID anymore (its self hosted - HGurl = pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000), so I would recommend that anyone who is starting @ jokaydiaGRID meet at HyperGridLower which is one of our 3 hypergridded regions (we've limited the regions we have hypergrid enabled to improve safety and avoid disruption for some of our k-12 educational groups). I'll be there to help anyone who needs assistance.

Hopefully that helps some of those who are feeling a bit confused, and  Pathfinder can jump in to clarify how he'd like to run the event?! Are we hypergridding over to Pathlandia to meet up, or are we meeting @ the East Africa Traveler Safety Simulation (HGurl = globalhealth.bio-se.info:9000) ?

Regards,
jokay

Jo Kay
________________________________
Freelance Design, Virtual  Worlds and Facilitation
Tel: 0405179622

fabrice metopen

Sep 28, 2013, 6:03:33 AM9/28/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Path

I'am sorry :(  but i canno't be on the first HGAC restart tour . for us ( in france and Europe ) Saturday 28 at 10PM EDT is 4AM for us as GMT . I hope will be on next HGAC trip if time is better for us .
Amicaly
Fabrice

Any Gynoid

Sep 28, 2013, 8:05:50 AM9/28/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Dear HGAC,
Well you know the routine... Newbie avi... start from scratch.
As Opensimers, we've all done it dozens of times.

I can go without customizing my avatar... or well maybe just a free freebie touches... and before you know it... you've sunk hours into looking as perfect as possible. Happens to me every time!

<-- wonders why opensim skins have that default brown hair with low bangs... I had to wear 4 other hairs to cover it properly! The curse of the Lindens! lol

Well... assuming we are meeting on Joykaydiagrid... and I haven't wasted all day primping me new avi...
Here would be some SIMPLIFIED HYPOTHETICAL INSTRUCTIONS... for how to rendezvous with HGAC:
-----------------------------
Event: HGAC Tour
When: 7PM Pacific Time September 28, 2013
Use Grid Manager in Your Viewer:
JoKayDiaGrid SLURL: ?????????????

-------------------------------
We can survive without knowing the SLURL... because we have the MAP tool... and can look for a group of green dots... i.e. the meeting... However, a nice central place on Joykaydia is near the default landing place for newbies is http://slurl.com/secondlife/Scooter/97/166/22 the freebies store is there... Hours of Fun! lol

Inline image 2

Happy Hypergridding!
-- Any
any1 Gynoid everywhere in the MetaVerse! Eeeep!
any1onJokaydiagrid_005PORTRAIT.jpg

iamneocortex

Sep 28, 2013, 8:43:07 AM9/28/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
4am is a little too early for me... i wish you all a great experience. Maybe you should reconsider the meeting place: as far as i know Pathlandia resides on Pathfinders home pc. The problem there will be the uplink speed: as soon as you have more than 3-4 people meeting there it might cause extreme lag. I'd rather suggest meeting at Jokaydia or  at my meeting point in the Hypergrid at hbase42.hopto.org:8002:Hyperbase42 (this is running on a dedicated server at some german internet provider and has 100MBit full duplex connection).

2013/9/28 Any Gynoid <any1g...@googlemail.com>

--
any1onJokaydiagrid_005PORTRAIT.jpg

Pim Peccable

Sep 28, 2013, 9:44:59 PM9/28/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I've made it to Pathlandia.

If you are also coming from the Jokaydia Grid. You must pas through the Middle Zone on your way to Pathlandia
    • Middle Zone: svc.jokaydiagrid.net:8002:hypergridmiddle
    • Pathlandia:  pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000:pathlandia
    Pim Peccable

    James Stallings II

    Sep 29, 2013, 12:14:44 AM9/29/13
    to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
    EXCELLENT TOUR!

    Thanks Path, this is what its all about right here man!

    Can't wait for the next outing :D

    Cheers!
    James/Hiro

    Nathan Jackson

    Sep 29, 2013, 12:35:15 AM9/29/13
    to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
    I thought it was still going for another 30 minutes?
    I missed it... forgot to set an alert -_-

    Vonni

    Sep 29, 2013, 7:38:14 AM9/29/13
    to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
    Thanks, John!  I had a great time!  Learned that I had to remove my AO to successfully do that jump, lol.

    Vonni