DEFCON System used in the Aerodrome Islands

O-J Island

Dec 31, 2010, 5:53:34 AM12/31/10
to The Aerodrome Islands Forum
DEFCON, defense readiness condition, is a scale from one to five used
to describe the state we are in with regards to defense/likelihood of
an attack on our region. It is used by the USA, but our version is
slightly different.

DEFCON 5: We are completely at peace, no risk of an attack
DEFCON 4: A war is happening in a region/country relevant to us and/or
there is mild risk of an attack on our region
DEFCON 3: War is happening with the 10000 Islands and/or there is a
slightly larger risk of an attack on our region
DEFCON 2: Large threat of an attack on our region
DEFCON 1: We are at war and/or our region is being attacked

We have only ever been on DEFCONs 5, 2, and 3; we are currently on 3,
and will be unless our DEFCON goes up/the TITO-LWU war stops.
Sadly, I still have no understanding of how war happens in
NationStates. I am striving to find out, and will write about it as
soon as I do.

O-J Island

Jan 10, 2011, 5:02:28 AM1/10/11
to The Aerodrome Islands Forum