A comment from a non-IT person if you don't mind. So as a non-IT, will be
commenting on the structure of the report only. May I suggest incorporating
Tonga's status such as the heading "what do we have today" into IT
Governance or IT Management etc. where appropriate. Just think that once the
reader is educated on what IT Governance is (for example) they can
immediately relate it to Tonga and better understand what we should have but
don't have etc.
Secondly, maybe have the summary for each section to be mentioned at the
beginning of each section. Such as under Guiding Frameworks, maybe say "The
ICT Review Committee will need to assess the app.. to its implementation".
Then u explain what to consider as you've done. Similarly with Organisation
Lastly, I think there is a project proposal format being used by Govt. maybe
someone has a copy? I've lost mine. Depends on who you're submitting this
proposal to I guess.
OK. There's my 5 cents. Hope its some help. U did say negative right? Lol
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf
Of Samiuela Loni Vea Taufa
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 1:21 PM
To: 'Aliki Vimahi; Saia Vaipuna; Melaea Taufatofua; Tevita Mone; Taniela
Koloamatangi; firstname.lastname@example.org; Alfred Soakai; Fe'ao Vakata; Robin
Subject: [tg-egov] IT Governance, and IT Service Management - Time to move
Attached is about as far as I can go with the Governance/Service Management
thing without your support/comments/rebukes.
The biggest changes from last weeks Draft(s), are
* Proposal requesting a "ICT Review Committee" to do the investigation and
make the Plan/Stamp to go forward.
* better organisation of the Background and Strategic Context with
* hopefully more useful diagrams.
* better explanations of the diagrams and relevance to the topic
* better referencing?
* use of colours?
I really need your feedback, especially negative ones.
* Defining IT Governance and IT Management
* IT Governance: What
* IT Management: How
* IT as Technology Partner : IT Infrastructure Management
* IT as Service Provider: IT Service Management
* IT as Strategic Partner: IT Governance
* What do we have today?
* Is there a need for change?
* Guiding Frameworks
* IT Governance Frameworks
* IT Service Management Frameworks
* Guiding Frameworks - Summary
* Organisation Structure for best IT Governance and IT Service
* Organisation Structures for IT
* IT Governance Structure
* IT Service Management Structure - An extended look at a Federal IT
* Organisation Structure - Summary
As discussed, we need the minimal ICT Governance Framework for our
National ICT Working Groups to go forward.
Alfred, your guidance please?
Robin/Fe'ao, can you read and I'll call in this afternoon or tomorrow
morning for your comment.
Samiuela LV Taufa
s...@nomoa.com -or- samta...@gmail.com
Ph: +676()62-717 Fax: +676()24-099