MacApp version crippled?

mycroft007

Jan 6, 2011, 12:59:13 PM1/6/11
to TextWrangler Talk
In a bit of excitement to try out the new MacApp store, I let it
update my version of TextWrangler.

Then I tried to edit a file in the system heirarchy. I could edit it
after unlocking, but couldn't save, got an error. In the old version
it would ask me to authenticate and then I could save.

Is this a permanent issue? Does it only effect the version on the App
store? Is there a work around?

Ron

Steve Kalkwarf

Jan 6, 2011, 1:39:38 PM1/6/11
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
> Then I tried to edit a file in the system heirarchy. I could edit it
> after unlocking, but couldn't save, got an error. In the old version
> it would ask me to authenticate and then I could save.
>
> Is this a permanent issue? Does it only effect the version on the App
> store? Is there a work around?

As of today, this is a restriction imposed on us by the AppStore guidelines. We've requested an exemption, but as you can imagine, the Apple folks are pretty busy right now.

The version of 3.5 you can get from our website still has that feature. It should be available later today.

Steve