using control key to go to top of file or bottom

Tom Schulte

Jan 9, 2011, 7:50:11 AM1/9/11
to TextWrangler Talk
I'd like to have the control home key scroll to the top of the
document and control end scroll to the bottom of the document.
I know there is an option to set home and end to do this but that's
not what I'm trying to do.

jkwuc89

Jan 9, 2011, 5:41:03 PM1/9/11
to TextWrangler Talk
I would like to expand upon this request and here is my rationale
behind this request. I've used a variety of text editors over my 20+
year software development career. Most of this time has been spent in
Windows and Linux environments. Four years ago, I added Mac OS X to
my set of software development environments. I want to be able to use
the same set of key binding across all of the environments in which I
work. This generally means using key bindings most familiar to
Windows users. Specifically:

PgDn = Move insertion point down by one page
PgUp = Move insertion point up by one page
Home = Move insertion point to start of line
End = Move insertion point to end of line
Ctrl+Home = Move insertion point to start of file
Ctrl+End = Move insertion point to end of file

There are many others but I think you get the idea. I want to make
TextWrangler work the way I want it to work when it comes to using the
keyboard. I don't want to be forced to use a different set of key
bindings.

Is there any way under TextWrangler to change how cursor movement keys
work?

Mark Slater

Jan 9, 2011, 8:19:52 PM1/9/11
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure it'd work cos I haven't tried it, but maybe try OS X's
built-in key-mapping? System Preferences > Keyboard > "Keyboard
Shortcuts" tab > Select "Application Shortcuts" > Hit the "+" button,
and set your prefs for Textwrangler?

--
slater

jkwuc89

Jan 10, 2011, 9:12:36 AM1/10/11
to TextWrangler Talk
Keyboard shortcuts under System Preferences will not let you re-assign
the cursor movement keys.