Gutter

Mark (my words)

Jan 16, 2011, 2:45:06 AM1/16/11
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
I’ve got a couple questions about the gutter area.

Is there a way to hide the gutter by default, I’d like new documents to open with the gutter hidden. I’ve assigned a keyboard shortcut to toggle it, but I’d rather not have to hide it every time I open a file.

Is there a way to color the gutter, I’m using a dark theme and the light grey gutter is jarring.

-Mark

adiener

Jan 20, 2011, 11:27:21 AM1/20/11
to TextWrangler Talk
On Jan 16, 2:45 am, "Mark (my words)" <elib...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to hide the gutter by default, I’d like new documents to open
> with the gutter hidden. I’ve assigned a keyboard shortcut to toggle it, but
> I’d rather not have to hide it every time I open a file.

I couldn't find a way to do it via the preferences window, but there
is a preference for it: defaults write com.barebones.textwrangler
Editor:Gutter -bool false

Mark (my words)

Jan 20, 2011, 12:57:00 PM1/20/11
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
Perfect!

Thanks!!

Tom Robinson

Jan 21, 2011, 5:20:48 PM1/21/11
to textwr...@googlegroups.com

I've found the change a bit jarring too, but if you're editing PLIST or HTML files the new gutter provides useful collapsable code controls, so don't be too quick to dismiss it.

Mark (my words)

Jan 21, 2011, 5:27:44 PM1/21/11
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I love the functionality, I just don't want it on by default. The defaults command that adiener posted rocked--it's now closed on opening a new file but I can still toggle it, I've even setup a keyboard shortcut so I can do it quickly.

David Brostoff

Jan 30, 2011, 3:27:32 PM1/30/11
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
At 11:20 AM +1300 1/22/11, Tom Robinson wrote:

>I've found the change a bit jarring too, but if you're editing PLIST
>or HTML files the new gutter provides useful collapsable code
>controls, so don't be too quick to dismiss it.

Is there someplace these controls are discussed? I looked in the User
Manual but couldn't find anything.

Thank you,

David