keyboard shortcut for switching between open files?

yotiao

Sep 9, 2009, 7:14:32 AM9/9/09
to TextWrangler Talk
Hello,

it seems like a really simple thing, and yet I can't find the
solution... Is there a keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple
open files? Or is there a way of making one? I am so tired of having
to grab the mouse every time I work with multiple files (which is
always).

I'd be very grateful for any tips.
cheers,
yot

Tom Robinson

Sep 9, 2009, 3:52:12 PM9/9/09
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
On 2009-09-09, at 23:14, yotiao wrote:

> it seems like a really simple thing, and yet I can't find the
> solution... Is there a keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple
> open files? Or is there a way of making one? I am so tired of having
> to grab the mouse every time I work with multiple files (which is
> always).

You mean command-` (command-grave)?

Or command-1, 2, etc.

See the Window menu for the shortcut keys.

Cheers

Jarek Bryk

Sep 10, 2009, 2:49:23 AM9/10/09
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
>> it seems like a really simple thing, and yet I can't find the
>> solution... Is there a keyboard shortcut to switch between multiple
>> open files?

> You mean command-` (command-grave)?
> Or command-1, 2, etc.

No, these shortcuts circle between open windows of TextWrangler (that
you open by shift-command-n). I am usually working with one window,
where multiple files are open (command-n) and listed in the drawer. I
want to switch between these files _within_ a single TW window, just
from the keyboard.

cheers
yot

Rich Siegel

Sep 10, 2009, 7:51:09 AM9/10/09
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
On 9/10/09 at 2:49 AM, yot...@gmail.com (Jarek Bryk) wrote:

>I want to switch between these files _within_ a single TW window, just
>from the keyboard.

In that case, you want the "Previous Document" and "Next
Document" commands on the View menu.

Enjoy,

R.
--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <http://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they
sedate me.

Jarek Bryk

Sep 10, 2009, 8:03:29 AM9/10/09
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
> In that case, you want the "Previous Document" and "Next
> Document" commands on the View menu.

And there it is, staring right at my face! Thanks a million!

yot