Opera

Paulo Matias

Jun 28, 2008, 4:20:22 PM6/28/08
to TeX THE WORLD
Hi,

Just to let you know, I got TeX The World to run perhaps perfectly
under Opera (tested with Opera 9.50).

I only replaced the following line:

imgElement.src = "http://thewe.net/tex/" + expr;

by:

imgElement.src = "http://thewe.net/tex/" + expr.replace(/\\/g,
'%5C');

As Opera was trying to translate the '\' characters to '/', and
replacing it by '%5C' solved the problem.

To install TeX The World in Opera, someone only needs to put the .js
script in the Opera User JavaScript directory. The User JavaScript
directory can be set in Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Content ->
JavaScript Options.

Best regards,

Paulo Matias

Avital Oliver

Jun 29, 2008, 1:30:37 AM6/29/08
to tex-th...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I'll try it out and then post it on the webpage.

Has anyone tried using this on Safari with Greasekit?

Avital.

Avital Oliver

Jul 17, 2008, 6:35:24 PM7/17/08
to tex-th...@googlegroups.com, Ailton Andrade de Oliveira
I just installed Opera and checked this out. It seems to work fine, but I found one bug -- In google email, if I write a formula, and then double-click it, on the original Firefox script it turns it back into text which I can edit and then double-click again to turn it back to an image. I couldn't get that to work on the Opera version.

Have you guys noticed this? Could you think of a way to fix it? (It's a feature I always use)

Avital.

Ailton Oliveira

Aug 9, 2008, 1:18:53 PM8/9/08
to TeX THE WORLD
Very well observed, Avital!

I haven't noticed it.

In fact, I have tried a slightly different variation
Instead of this line:

imgElement.src = "http://thewe.net/tex/" + expr;

I have used:

imgElement.src = "http://thewe.net/tex/" + escape(expr);

Well, about the problem with the generation of images for use with
webmail, I have tested it with Opera 9.51 composing a message in GMail
and it converts from [;\nabla \times \vec{B} = \mu_{0}\vec{J} + \mu_{o}
\epsilon_{0}\frac{\partial \vec{E}}{\partial t};] to an image and back
to text (without the comma, as expected) when I double clicked it and
back to an image again with other double click.

I am trying to reproduce your problem.

Best regards,
Ailton