TestLink Japanese translation group

toshi

Aug 21, 2007, 12:44:38 AM8/21/07
to testlink-dev
Dear TestLink developers,

We are making the TestLink Japanese translation group on
SourceForge.jp.
(http://sourceforge.jp/projects/testlinkjp)

Most group members volunteer in Testing Engineer's Forum (TEF) in
Japan.
(http://blues.se.uec.ac.jp/swtest/forum.html)
More than 1300 engineers are joining in the forum
and many forum's testing engineers are interested in TestLink.

We think that our first missions are as follows.
- Translation to Japanese language (strings.txt)
- Solution of peculiar problem to multi-byte character (garbled
characters, etc...)

I will report on the result to you again as soon as translation will
be complete.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind assistance for
everything.
We hope to contribute to the advancement of TestLink components.

With best regards,

Toshiyuki Kawanishi
tosi...@users.sourceforge.jp

Prem

Aug 21, 2007, 12:57:37 AM8/21/07
to testli...@googlegroups.com
On 8/21/07, toshi <tkawa...@johokobo.co.jp> wrote:

Dear TestLink developers,

We are making the TestLink Japanese translation group on
SourceForge.jp.
(http://sourceforge.jp/projects/testlinkjp)

That's really great! Hope it is a project only for the translation related activities?

Most group members volunteer in Testing Engineer's Forum (TEF) in
Japan.
(http://blues.se.uec.ac.jp/swtest/forum.html)
More than 1300 engineers are joining in the forum
and many forum's testing engineers are interested in TestLink.

Wow! That's certainly a pretty huge following :) Really feels great to know TestLink is capable of fulfilling so many test engineers' requirements.

IMHO, it would also be pretty insightful if we could know of any new ideas from the practices in testing followed in Japan that could be incorporated into TestLink. We certainly can discuss about those ideas.

We think that our first missions are as follows.
- Translation to Japanese language ( strings.txt)
- Solution of peculiar problem to multi-byte character (garbled
characters, etc...)

I will report on the result to you again as soon as translation will
be complete.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind assistance for
everything.
We hope to contribute to the advancement of TestLink components.

We extend all our help & best wishes for the great help you all are providing us :)

With best regards,

Toshiyuki Kawanishi
tosi...@users.sourceforge.jp

--
- Prem

  I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
  I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"
  Prem Kumar Aparanji
  M: 00919845226618
  [Bangalore, KA, INDIA]

   http://scorpfromhell.blogspot.com

Martin Havlat

Aug 23, 2007, 9:50:48 AM8/23/07
to tkawa...@johokobo.co.jp, testli...@googlegroups.com
Hi toshi,

is there a pieces of code that disallow to use Japanese translation
directly. I mean create strings.txt and proper configuration?

Is it possible that somebody from your team receive permission to our
cvs and hold japanese translation up-to-date directly?

Thanks,
Martin

Prem wrote:

> On 8/21/07, *toshi* <tkawa...@johokobo.co.jp

> tosi...@users.sourceforge.jp <mailto:tosi...@users.sourceforge.jp>

> --
> - Prem
>
> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"
> Prem Kumar Aparanji
> M: 00919845226618
> [Bangalore, KA, INDIA]
>
> http://scorpfromhell.blogspot.com

toshi

Aug 25, 2007, 6:35:07 AM8/25/07
to testlink-dev
Dear Martin and TestLink developers,

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

> is there a pieces of code that disallow to use Japanese translation
> directly. I mean create strings.txt and proper configuration?

We are testing TestLink with Japanese translation on the web.
http://garyo.mydns.jp/testlink/
- Login Name:leader
- Password:leader

We have configured Japanese version according to the following
procedures.

1. Translate string literals in locale/en_GB/strings.txt to Japanese
and copy this file to locale/jp_JP/strings.txt.
(All Japanese characters are saved in UTF-8.)

2. Add Japanese locale, date format, timestamp format and date field
order to cfg/const.inc.php.

3. Make gui/help/jp_JP a copy of gui/help/en_GB.
(We will translate help files later.)

At the moment, any peculiar problem to multi-byte character is not
found.

> Is it possible that somebody from your team receive permission to our
> cvs and hold japanese translation up-to-date directly?

Could I receive permission to your cvs.
I am familiar with cvs.

With best regards,

Toshiyuki Kawanishi
tosi...@users.sourceforge.jp

-----

On 8/23, 22:50, Martin Havlat <testl...@seznam.cz> wrote:
> Hi toshi,
>
> is there a pieces of code that disallow to use Japanese translation
> directly. I mean create strings.txt and proper configuration?
>
> Is it possible that somebody from your team receive permission to our
> cvs and hold japanese translation up-to-date directly?
>
> Thanks,
> Martin
>

> Prem wrote:

> > On 8/21/07, *toshi* <tkawani...@johokobo.co.jp

> > tosik...@users.sourceforge.jp <mailto:tosik...@users.sourceforge.jp>

Asiel Brumfield

Aug 25, 2007, 10:41:31 AM8/25/07
to testli...@googlegroups.com
If you send these files to this mailing list we can also just commit them. This may be the easier path to take to start with. Then if you need to make more frequent changes we can give you commit access to our sourceforge cvs.

If you will send the files in a tar or zip format I will be happy to commit them for you. As I'm sure other team members would be willing to also.

Regards,
--
Asiel

toshi

Aug 29, 2007, 2:39:17 AM8/29/07
to testlink-dev
Dear Asiel and TestLink Developers,

Thank you for your detailed suggestion.

> If you send these files to this mailing list we can also just commit them.
> This may be the easier path to take to start with. Then if you need to make
> more frequent changes we can give you commit access to our sourceforge cvs.

I will upload these files to the Maints of TestLink or the webpage of
this mailing list according to your suggestion.
Could we entrust committing of Japanese translation files though
committer's time may be spent?

I will report via this mailing list as soon as the uploading.

Please let me know if you have any idea.

With best regards,

Toshiyuki Kawanishi
tosi...@users.sourceforge.jp

-----

On 8/25/07, "Asiel Brumfield" <asi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you send these files to this mailing list we can also just commit them.
> This may be the easier path to take to start with. Then if you need to make
> more frequent changes we can give you commit access to our sourceforge cvs.
>
> If you will send the files in a tar or zip format I will be happy to commit
> them for you. As I'm sure other team members would be willing to also.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Asiel
>

> > tosik...@users.sourceforge.jp

> > -----
> > On 8/23, 22:50, Martin Havlat <testl...@seznam.cz> wrote:
> > > Hi toshi,
>
> > > is there a pieces of code that disallow to use Japanese translation
> > > directly. I mean create strings.txt and proper configuration?
>
> > > Is it possible that somebody from your team receive permission to our
> > > cvs and hold japanese translation up-to-date directly?
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > Martin

> > attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you- 引用テキストを表示しない -
>
> - 引用テキストを表示 -

toshi

Aug 31, 2007, 6:47:01 AM8/31/07
to testlink-dev
Dear TestLink Developers,

Thank you for your kind support as always.

We were ready for the first Japanese translation file.
We are testing these files with TestLink on our web server.
I will upload the files to Mantis in a few hours.

Francisco Mancardi

Aug 31, 2007, 8:10:13 AM8/31/07
to testli...@googlegroups.com
Great!

toshi

Aug 31, 2007, 9:43:36 AM8/31/07
to testlink-dev
Dear Francisco and TestLink Developers,

I cannot access Mantis.
Do any troubles occur?

Francisco Mancardi

Aug 31, 2007, 9:50:24 AM8/31/07
to testli...@googlegroups.com
seems is down. I will contact Asiel.
Meanwhile send to francisco...@gmail.com you work and I will
commit it

Asiel Brumfield

Aug 31, 2007, 11:33:07 AM8/31/07
to testli...@googlegroups.com
Mantis is back up now. Sorry for the downtime.

--
Asiel

toshi

Aug 31, 2007, 2:31:17 PM8/31/07
to testlink-dev
Dear TestLink Developers,

I am happy to inform you that we send our deliverables to you as
scheduled!

I post Japanese translation files to Mantis as attached ZIP file.
In the process of the translation,
we encounter some issue and open these on Mantis.

We think that our next missions are as follows.
- Refactor translated terms in strings.txt.
- Translate help files to Japanese language.
- Distribute TestLink related tools suitable for users in Japan.

I will report again by Wednesday, September 5.
Thank you again for your kind cooperation.

P.S. Our project win "the most active project" in SourceForge.JP
today.

Prem

Sep 2, 2007, 5:34:11 PM9/2/07
to testli...@googlegroups.com
On 9/1/07, toshi <tosi...@users.sourceforge.jp> wrote:

Dear TestLink Developers,

I am happy to inform you that we send our deliverables to you as
scheduled!

Thanks a lot  Toshi & team! :) And congratulations !!!

I post Japanese translation files to Mantis as attached ZIP file.
In the process of the translation,
we encounter some issue and open these on Mantis.

We think that our next missions are as follows.
- Refactor translated terms in strings.txt.
- Translate help files to Japanese language.
- Distribute TestLink related tools suitable for users in Japan.

I will report again by Wednesday, September 5.
Thank you again for your kind cooperation.

P.S. Our project win "the most active project" in SourceForge.JP
today.

Wow!!! That's really a great news! Wish we could get to become such active one day :)

With best regards,

Toshiyuki Kawanishi
tosi...@users.sourceforge.jp

toshi

Sep 4, 2007, 7:02:26 AM9/4/07
to testlink-dev
Dear Prem and TestLink Developers,

Thank you for committing Japanese translation files to your CVS.

We will send the first version of Japanese translated help files.
I would like to send them tomorrow.

I will attach them to your Mantis with refactored strings.txt.

With best regards,

Toshiyuki Kawansihi
tosi...@users.sourceforge.jp

On 9/3/07, Prem <a.premku...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/1/07, toshi <tosik...@users.sourceforge.jp> wrote:
>

> > Dear TestLink Developers,
>
> > I am happy to inform you that we send our deliverables to you as
> > scheduled!
>
> Thanks a lot Toshi & team! :) And congratulations !!!
>
> I post Japanese translation files to Mantis as attached ZIP file.
>
> > In the process of the translation,
> > we encounter some issue and open these on Mantis.
>
> > We think that our next missions are as follows.
> > - Refactor translated terms in strings.txt.
> > - Translate help files to Japanese language.
> > - Distribute TestLink related tools suitable for users in Japan.
>
> > I will report again by Wednesday, September 5.
> > Thank you again for your kind cooperation.
>
> > P.S. Our project win "the most active project" in SourceForge.JP
> > today.
>
> Wow!!! That's really a great news! Wish we could get to become such active
> one day :)
>
> With best regards,
>

> > Toshiyuki Kawanishi

> > tosik...@users.sourceforge.jp

toshi

Sep 5, 2007, 12:53:25 PM9/5/07
to testlink-dev
Dear TestLink Developers,

Thank you very much for your kind support.

I can post the second Japanese translation files to your Mantis, just
now.
We wish the files to become the help of many TestLink users and
prospects!

We think that our next missions are as follows.

- Maintenance the translated files.
- Support user in Japan.
- Advertise TestLink in Japanese media.

Please let me know if there is any way that we can help you further.

P.S.: Could we change translated files during the period of your
regression testing?

With best regards,

Toshiyuki Kawanishi
tosi...@users.sourceforge.jp

Francisco Mancardi

Sep 5, 2007, 1:11:35 PM9/5/07
to testli...@googlegroups.com
toshi wrote:
> Dear TestLink Developers,
>

> Thank you very much for your kind support.
>
> I can post the second Japanese translation files to your Mantis, just
> now.
> We wish the files to become the help of many TestLink users and
> prospects!
>
> We think that our next missions are as follows.
> - Maintenance the translated files.
> - Support user in Japan.
> - Advertise TestLink in Japanese media.
>
> Please let me know if there is any way that we can help you further.
>

> P.S.: Could we change translated files during the period of your
> regression testing?

yes

toshi

Sep 11, 2007, 10:34:57 AM9/11/07
to testlink-dev
Dear Francisco and TestLink Developers,

> > P.S.: Could we change translated files during the period of your
> > regression testing?
>
> yes

To suit new build 2007-09-12, I will change Japanese translation files
(strings.txt and help files).
I will send them on September 12.

With best regards,

Toshiyuki Kawanishi
tosi...@users.sourceforge.jp

> > tosik...@users.sourceforge.jp

Francisco Mancardi

Sep 11, 2007, 10:42:58 AM9/11/07
to testli...@googlegroups.com
toshi :
ok upload it on mantis

toshi

Sep 12, 2007, 2:28:46 PM9/12/07
to testlink-dev
Dear Francisco and TestLink Developers,

I post new Japanese translation files to your Mantis.
Thank you very much for rapid committing.

Could we test and refactor again tarnslation files.
Does the regression test still continue?

P.S.: TestLink has been introduced to famous opensource related
website in Japan!
http://www.moongift.jp/2007/09/testlink/

With best regards,

Toshiyuki Kawanishi