Tessnet2 version 2.03.2 is available

瀏覽次數:383 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

rthomas

未讀,
2008年6月13日 上午10:50:062008/6/13
收件者:tesseract-ocr
Dear Community,

After 3 days in Tesseract code (urgh), here is Tessnet2 version 2.03.2
See http://www.pixel-technology.com/freeware/tessnet2/

The corrections deals with the following problems
- Confidence was not very useful, the value was strange. This has been
corrected, setting the variable tessedit_write_ratings=true. After
many test I found this mode is the best for confidence accuracy. Value
range from 0 (perfect) to 255 (reject) . When value goes over 160 this
really mean the OCR was bad.
- Calling DoOCR twice was not giving the same result. It was, as
expected, a problem with global variables. The problem is almost
fixed, sometime it doesn’t work but right now I can’t find what is not
correctly reinitialized.

Some improvements:
- I expose Tesseract variables and expose a GetVariableList() method.
Interessting variables are tessedit_char_whitelist or
tessedit_char_blacklist to set before calling Tessnet2.Init().
- Misspelled Width for Word variable (thanks Lothar) has been
corrected.

I didn’t implement character array with confidence info, simply
because all characters in a word have the same confidence value.
Internally tesseract build words and create characters from these
words.

Have fun,
Remi

ViP

未讀,
2008年6月13日 下午2:48:422008/6/13
收件者:tesseract-ocr
http://www.pixel-technology.com/freeware/tessnet2/src.zip

above link has back zip file. Thanks for this super fast update.

I have few concerns, if you could help me:
* I read one word at a time and I am looking for social security
numbers 111-00-2222. It reads fine half of the time, but sometimes it
reads the number as
111
-
00
-
2222

OR

111-00-2222next_line_text here

So, is there a way I can adjust something related to white space or
new line that would allow me to fix that. I am a total newbie to
tessnet lib and I use VB 2005.

Thanks

On Jun 13, 10:50 am, rthomas <remi.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> After 3 days in Tesseract code (urgh), here is Tessnet2 version 2.03.2
> Seehttp://www.pixel-technology.com/freeware/tessnet2/

ViP

未讀,
2008年6月13日 下午2:50:072008/6/13
收件者:tesseract-ocr
I meant zipped file is bad (corrupted)

Thanks

Lothar

未讀,
2008年6月13日 下午3:51:342008/6/13
收件者:tesseract-ocr
Hi Remi,

Thanks for this new version. It works very well.

But one question. Why does the ocr_ProgressEvents first value is 30?

It takes some secondes until it gets a value > 0 (which then is 30)
and the it continues increasing until 100

Regards,

Lothar

On 13 Jun., 16:50, rthomas <remi.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> After 3 days in Tesseract code (urgh), here is Tessnet2 version 2.03.2
> Seehttp://www.pixel-technology.com/freeware/tessnet2/

rthomas

未讀,
2008年6月13日 下午4:35:412008/6/13
收件者:tesseract-ocr
I'm not at home but you can unzip it with Winrar

rthomas

未讀,
2008年6月13日 下午4:39:322008/6/13
收件者:tesseract-ocr
The progress value is set in original Tesseract code.
In this project I don't want to change this source code.
That's why the progression behave like this.

That also why the process exit if it doesn't find tessdata files and
why you must have tessdata in the same directory than tessnet2.dll.

I could correct this but I didn't.

Remi
> > Remi- Hide quoted text -

Rajesh Pandey

未讀,
2008年6月13日 晚上11:42:252008/6/13
收件者:tesser...@googlegroups.com
The zip file worked for me though. I think it is compressed by any other compression tool rather than the default zip program. I could unzip it using 7zip and winrar. Umm only the windows zip says its corrupt, which is not corrupt actually. :)
USE 7ZIP or winrar to unzip .

--
Rajesh Pandey

Lothar

未讀,
2008年6月15日 下午6:07:312008/6/15
收件者:tesseract-ocr
Hi,

for those who are looking for a VB.NET sample implementation of Remis
Tesseract Wrapper:

I created a VB 2008 1:1 implemantation of this new version of Remis C#
TesseractOCR sample
Application which uses the new tessnet2.dll.

Just add a reference on tessnet2.dll and copy the tessdata folder to
the path where your executable is
located and it shouldwork. If not, please give me a reply.

It is available at :

http://www.dornieden.org/tessnet2/Tessnet2VB20082032.zip

It is created with VB.NET 2008 Express Edition.

Lothar

On 13 Jun., 16:50, rthomas <remi.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> After 3 days in Tesseract code (urgh), here is Tessnet2 version 2.03.2
> Seehttp://www.pixel-technology.com/freeware/tessnet2/
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄